News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new guy here

Started by modre, November 16, 2004, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock

And by the way..."Kraut" is ever so close to being offensive. Reminds me of old John Wayne movies where all the Germans are nasty and he wins the war all on his own.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

modre

Brock...et al...my apologies if you found that offensive.

my surname is Modery...ancestry is around Mannheim/Phorzheim/Alsace Lorraine.

...mom was a Koerner...don't know their specfic area of origin.

I use the term "Kraut" in the familar sense.

my apologies for being Lenny Bruce-like in a world of deeply entrenched political and/or religious predjudice, and I trust in person with the benefit of visual perception and body english (can I say that?) we wouldn't have this same misunderstanding...sometimes I just forget where I am.

...your jumping to the "John Wayne" reference speaks volumes tho...doesn't it?

my purpose is two-fold.

1. initiate communication leading to understanding thru the diversities

2. break down every prejudiced wall of ignorance and small mindedness I run across in my shortening life.

as far as "all Germans are bad", unlike popular conception, I'm actually quite impressed with 1930 Germany turning around a war loss and depression into a world "threatening" power in 8 short years...I can't recall another similar event in all of recorded history.

>there was I, thinking I was already well educated. But apparently not.<

would you like to talk about that now?...or are you comfortably on top of things... in your mind?

perhaps I should re-evaluate my participation on this site...I certainly wouldn't want to twist any arms...or make your head hurt...but there's so much more to offer... thanks for the opportunity.

Patrick the Scot

Modrey;

This is a website for those of us interested in the Triumph Tiger motorcycle.  If you want to talk to your mensa pals, I'm sure they have their own website where you can all mentally jerk each other off with your superior brains and wit.  We talk about riding motorcycles and mechanical issues here.  

By the way,  some of us are not as dumb as you think. And even if you are some brilliant wizard compared to the rest of the madding crowd, who cares?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

zombie

Well I'm an Irishman in America riding a british bike and I even like a cuppa tea. (Ironic huh?)

I own a Tiger cos it suits me and my style of riding , I love the 955i motor and I can take the piss outta me mates on sport bikes when I flog them in the twisties.

Me bike is different especially matt black with skulls and it works for me.

I have owned numerous bikes over the years and even worked as a bike courier in dublin and I have long ago given up comparing myself or my bike to others .

It's very simple after over 2 yrs with me tiger I am still very enamoured with the whole experience so much so that I am riding to alaska next spring from cape cod with the blessing of her indoors and I'm doing it on me tiger. nicely sorted

If it feels good do it  and if it doesn't then don't and I think Modrey you are overthinking the whole motorbike thing

Brock

Our learned friend seems to have buggered off...
Chris

newmanr19

hehe; well I feel kind of bad about how this went since I kind of egged him on (well, my egging was directed at Brock actually ;))

ah well

Howlin

Newmanr19,yuh trouble maker! :D
I couldn't quite get the jist of what he was saying anyway. :roll:
Oh well I will just enjoy ridin my
motorsickle! Got to love them Tigers,and I do!

Patrick the Scot

QuoteOur learned friend seems to have buggered off...

Ats right Brock.  

It seems that old professor Modrey has not shown his writing skills as of late.  Did anybody notice that he filled out nothing in his profile?  Does he  think that he will be more mysterious this way; or is he just a coward?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

52blackshadow

Patrick,  I've also not filled in my profile. Nothing to do with trying to appear mysterious, nor with cowardice - I simply haven't found the time to do so because I'm too busy riding my bike or working.

Let's cut the guy some slack!  He's new to this forum, and got wound up by someone who is more established, he tried to respond, and yes, his response was unintelligible waffle to most (or all) of us.

Why not get off his case, let him get settled and see if he mellow out when he is a bit more comfortable, rather than play the playground bully and gloat that you seem to have driven him away!

Cheers,

Shadow.
Ride safe!!!!!

Patrick the Scot

Shadow;

Nope, not trying to bully anybody.  I'd just expect honest discourse out of our good chap Modrey.  It seems that he is playing up the hyper-intellectual role here in his two extensive posts.  That I find to be quite tiresome, and it is not impressive to me.  My mistake for bringing in my personal preferences that are forged in the world of concrete and steel high rise construction. I'll cut him miles of slack in exchange for the real slim shady. And by the way you do have info in you profile (UK location) which is greatly appreciated.

BTW - I love my Tiger!  Also, my Austin buddy Duane and I are heading down to Copper Canyon this winter in mid Feb.  Anybody else going down to Old Mexico any time soon?

52blackshadow

Morning Patrick,  Thanks for the reply.  Perhaps my post was a bit harsh yesterday, but for all his long winded postings, Modre doesn't seem to have said or done anything to deserve the ridicule and gloating that was going on.  After posting, I went and checked my profile, because there was no intention of hiding anything, simply the presures of work hadn't allowed me time to fill it in properly before. That's probably what happened with Modre.

I firmly believe that a forum like this can only really work if it is open to all to post their views (as long as they are reasonable). Maybe Modre normally talks like that? or perhaps he was a nervous newbie running off at the mouth because he feels threatened, perhaps he was trying to out clever the clever dicks? either way, his posts weren't unreasonable (racist etc.) and I'd like to see him given the chance to settle in.

I don't know if he's abandoned this forum, but hope he returns and has another go. If you find his posts too long why not do as I do - skim through them looking for anything that makes sense and when you get bored with it move on to the next posting.

Enjoy the Copper Canyon trip, I wish i could come too.

All the best,

Shadow.
Ride safe!!!!!

BP_LONDON

I also don't see the need for the reaction to Modre. If you don't like his post style, then don't respond. he did not do anything wrong. Anyway, I think he's gone now. Shame really, any new members to the Tiger community is always welcome.

SIBBO

Lets put all this behind us and look forward to many happy postings from all Tiger lovers ,be them owners ,undecided or just plain curious.

"Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough" :lol:   :lol:  :lol: .

By the Modre .......        you still interested in a tiger or have the beemer frat welcomed you with open arms thats why you might of dropped us like hot dog shit. :lol:

Patrick the Scot

QuoteAuthor Message

SIBBO Posted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject:  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets put all this behind us and look forward to many happy postings from all Tiger lovers ,be them owners ,undecided or just plain curious.

I stand corrected and will earnestly try to be less of a mean ogre in the future.

Shadow; FYI you could fly into San Antonio, Texas and rent a GS 1150 at the BMW rental place.  From San Antonio it is only a few hours to the Border at Laredo.  Once you cross into Nuevo Laredo the outback country of Old Mexico is less than a days ride to the west.  Not sure if you can take the rental southside of the Border, however. If not the Colorado Rockies are about two days of riding out of San Antonio.

Brock

You're all gentlemen, and I'm sure Modre will appreciate what you've said about him. Maybe even come back when he's had the balls to actually leave the BMW fold and buy a Tiger. I wouldn't go so far as to feel sorry for him though. I think we need to keep a sense of honesty here, and if someone behaves like an arsehole, we should tell them. I've been shot down myself before, just for voicing my opinion, and that's the way we should be...honest with one another. Let's just be honest...the guy talked complete and utter bollocks. Sorry, but that's my opinion.
Chris