News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new guy here

Started by modre, November 16, 2004, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

I'll second BP.

Chris

Badger

Quote from: "Brock"...the guy talked complete and utter bollocks...

But I'm fluent in total bollocks and I didn't understand it either.  :?  :?  :?
Growing Old Disgracefully

Patrick the Scot

QuoteLet's just be honest...the guy talked complete and utter bollocks.

Not sure what "bollocks" is in the UK english language, But I'll go out on the thin branches here and assume that it is similar to "horseshit " or "bullshit"?
"As far back as I can remember... I always wanted to be a gangster" - Good Fellas

Texas Tech Red Raiders - 2008 BIG IIX NCAAF CHAMPS

Brock

Yes mate...that's pretty close.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

modre

:D  :arrow:  :?:  :arrow:  :twisted:  :arrow:  :(  ](*,)  :-({|=  :D/

Dennisra12

:) Just wanted to say welcome and mention...The tiger has made my

biking an adventure. I sold my 01 Bonnie after 3 years , a good bike but limited,

I bought an 05 Tiger....IMO

the most powerful bike I've owned

the most comfortable bike I've owned

the most multi purpose bike I've owned

and my wife loves the trunk and luggage and the ride.

It's different, I respect it's size, and it's always waiting for the adventure to ride off into the sunset,or to  another state, or another country..

All's I gotta do is throw a leg over...

Dennis

Tennessee
2005 Tiger

1968 Tiger

MikeBenzon

Well, I thought I would chime in on this subject. I have had three Triumphs now, a 955 Sprint, 1200 Trophy and now a 05 Tiger. In between the Trophy and the Tiger I owned a R1150RT and replaced it with a K1200LT. I currently own the 05 Tiger and the K1200LT. I have enjoyed all the bikes, but I was always searching for something more suitable for my needs. The Sprint was a great bike, but the ergos sucked for long distance riding that I very much enjoy. I meant to replace the Sprint with the Trophy, but I never got around to selling the Sprint so thus started my two bike ownership. I could never get comfortable on the Trophy, though I really liked that 1200 motor. Several of my riding friends rode R1100RTs and I had opportunity to ride them, so I sold the Trophy and bought an 03 R1150RT. I liked everthing about the bike except the motor. It just drove me nuts with its surge and lack of power I had become accustomed to with my Triumph bikes. I traded the RT for the LT and its smooth four cylinder motor. I was also in search of a bike that my wife would take an interest in riding on and the LT has a massive pillion seat. There I was looking at two bikes, both street machines. I kept thinking it would be nice to have a dual sport, so I sold the Sprint and purchased the Tiger.

Surprisingly, now that I have the Tiger, I think I have found the all in one bike I was looking for all along. The ergos feel much like the RT but with much more power. It is smooth power. The bike handles great. The new gel foam seats are the most comfortable seats I have sat on, car or bike. The Triumph hardbags are some of the best in the business, for street bags. They are much better than BMW's hardbags, bigger and easier to operate.

I think the only thing left to do with the Tiger is to fit a bigger screen for winter and long distance riding, otherwise it suits me just fine. I have fitted a Triumph Tiger tankbag, a Triumph topbox and a Garmin Street Pilot 2610 GPS. I will be adding crash bars for a Christmas present from my wife. I will also add a Throttlemeister and maybe heated grips. Oh yeah, I also installed an Autocom system with connection for my FRS radio and cell phone.

If it were not for my wife, I would sell the LT right now and invest the money in my 1963 Corvette.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

Brock

Mike...like you, I discovered my soulmate. Only it happened a couple of years ago. Now I'm on my second one. Aint they brilliant? Well? aint they?
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "modre":D  :arrow:  :?:  :arrow:  :twisted:  :arrow:  :(  ](*,)  :-({|=  :D/

Welcome back Modre!

MikeBenzon

Bock

Yep, everytime I ride my Tiger I start talking about what a fantastic bike I have. Never before has any bike had this kind of effect on me.
Mike Benzon
Burney CA
00 Suzuki DRZ 400S
05 Triumph Tiger Lucifer Orange
08 Harley Ultra Classic Anniversary Copper

http://fast87.smugmug.com/

modre

>By the Modre ....... you still interested in a tiger or have the beemer frat welcomed you with open arms thats why you might of dropped us like hot dog shit. <

don't care much for the Bee-mo-philes I've run across.. HD poser folks in dress code,  squids, or similar...no, I'm afraid I'm a Tiger guy by nature...and I haven't dropped any shit a t'all...just let the world turn a few when folks go foul.

still winter here, and minimal riding...been pulling the trans off my RT nebbing around the splines and such...then did the brother's S after...still looking at the Tiger bike from afar...I'm sure there's one in my future when it makes sense to do so.

greg

Well I 've just read this entire thread, reminded me of a rollercoaster which eventually comes back to where it started.

Welcome to the site, you won't regret buying a Tiger.
2004 Girly.

modre

that was fun...not.

yes, I always talk like that...my appologies for the incomprehension...I'll try to use smaller words.

tho I've liked the Tiger since I first saw it in the early-mid 90s, I've swayed away from a purchase...even the appealing $9,300 price at the Chattenooga store.

reason:

1. RT serves the purpose on the road better

2. Dealers won't "deal"/neither will I

3. dirt jones is honestly better suited to a smaller, lighter mount

thus...the Tiger must remain another fanciful whimsy unrequited

now as far as some of the harsh/rude responses...I have a saying:

"no sense to dump on anyone, because everyone is already condemned to be who and what they are...and tht's enough punishment already"

shame it didn't click any better than that...we might have had a couple worthwhile moments and shared some knowledge and/or wisdom.

Fine' no Coda

Cheers.

JRO

Not many come back, over a year after a thread goes inactive, to pick it back up (presumably to have the last word?).

So, here goes:

Who cares?
JRO

2006 Tiger

Jim S

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Agreed! Nor me!

The whole Beemer thing leaves me cold.  :cry:

I don't think I'd go on to a Beemer forum to tell all I've got a Tiger and the Beemer won't do what I want the bike for so I'll keep my Tiger? Seems a little futile to me, but hey, I'm from Scotland, so maybe it's a cultural issue?  :wink:

Everyone to their own I say, and this thread seems to have stirred up plenty of enthusiasm if nothing else!

I'm still lovin my Tiger, and that's all that matters to me  :twisted:
04 Tiger and 97 Blade