News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

new guy here

Started by modre, November 16, 2004, 03:30:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

Hi guys,

Well I've actually enjoyed parts of this thread, some of the subjects touched on interest me for example:

The whole is the Gs/Tiger a real dirt bike undercurrent. Surely the story run in the ADV site about the cross country Harleys in the 50s settled that one? Choose the bike, ride it where and when you like consistent with your skill/experience/access to a rescue helicopter and enjoy! I admire the guys like mudhen who offroad their tigers but I respect those Harley guys more!

The numerous posts suggesting that ownership of a particular brand of bike gets you membership of a particular attitude or culture? Yeah well both BMW and Harley like pushing the lifestyle barrow and why not? Its a great way of seperating us from our hard earned over and above the purchase price of the machine and the crazy servicing costs ( at least here in Oz). Surely opting in or out of this is optional? I've owned German/Italian/Japper and British along the way, probably will do again if a particular bike takes my fancy. Mmmmm Desmidecii replica.......

Finally, the continual attempts to marry logic and emotion on the subject of motorcycle ownership. I'm not going to bag anyone for that, its kind of fun and I do it myself. But I ride because I tried it and fell in love. Ditto for my Tigger ownership.
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

tonyb

Well said ! we ride the Tiger it's fun and we like it. What more is there to say. :D  :D  :D  :D  :D
One who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; one who does not ask a question remains a fool forever