News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

6000 mile service before or after wintering the Tiger?

Started by New-Tiger, November 16, 2004, 07:31:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

New-Tiger

I'm about to winter the Tiger and get back on four wheels. Unfortunately i can't run both at the same time due to only having one garage a long way away from my home. My bike has done 5900 miles. Should i get the 6000 miles service before or after wintering the beast???

Silver 05 Tiger

Race Can

Big Grin :D

Brock

The only advantage to doing it now, is the workshops are quiet.

Otherwise I'd wait until the end of Winter.

But there may be a day or two when you want to ride.

Strewth...I can't imagine a WHOLE winter without riding the Tiger.
Chris

\"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.\" J R R Tolkein

Chris Canning

Do it before the last thing you want to do is leave standing with old oil in,or at the very least change the oil your self and then get it serviced in the new year.

Chris

BP_LONDON

Quote from: "Brock"The only advantage to doing it now, is the workshops are quiet.

Otherwise I'd wait until the end of Winter.

But there may be a day or two when you want to ride.

Strewth...I can't imagine a WHOLE winter without riding the Tiger.

I get withdrawal after not riding for a day - no joking. A winter? no way. :lol:

New-Tiger

I know, I know. It's gonna be hard to hibernate the Tiger. I can always drive down and wake it up every so often, to stretch its legs. Yes, that's what i'll do. I'll get the 6000m service done now and then it will be ready if i feel the need to ride it. Thanks for the responses......

Badger

What you doing caging that Tiger. Don't be so bloody cruel. Sell the car and ride it every day.

Bob
Growing Old Disgracefully

Sasquatch

Even though it is not due untill 12k, make sure they check the valves.  My intake valves had negative clearance at 11k.  Triumph mechanic felt horrible that he forgot to warn me about checking them at 6k, then 12k intervals after that.