News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Long Way Home

Started by Bixxer Bob, May 27, 2011, 09:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Since Charlie and Euan did the long way round and the long way down, I thought I'd do the Long Way Home (from me mum's).

Left her house near Durham at 9am, went across to Guisborough, on to Whitby and Scarborough before going south to Beverley and the Humber Bridge.  Skirted round Lincoln through Navenby and down to Peterborough making a few stops on the way before heading home at about 3pm.  Normally I would do mum's to home doing about 180 miles all but 7 of which are motorway but this route was 240 miles of which only 5 were motorway.  Good roads and scenery all the way save for the odd town traffic but will deffo do it again.  Much better for the rear tyre for a start  8)  

Funny how crossing the Humber bridge gave crossing the border from Yorkshire into Lincolnshire much more of a sense of occasion that when doing it on the A1.... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Had a good breakfast once by the Humber Bridge, and stayed in a very nice Hotel in Beverley a couple of years back, like it up there, plenty of nice roads about.

Ive got a reasonable ride tomorrow out to a place called Brawdy on the Pembrokeshire coast, not much further to St Davids so if I can fix the problem early enough may have a looksee.
2016 Tiger Sport

BONANZA

Wish I had known you were in the area. Could have ridden some of the route with you or met for a cuppa at Whitby. That road from Guisborough to Scarborough is great. :wink:
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

Bixxer Bob

It was a very short notice thing,  I'll give you a shout next time though, I definitely plan to use this route more often - way better than ploughing up the A1.

Tim, you have me confused, Brawdy is in S Wales (old Hunter base)Humber bridge is south of Beverley, that all checks, but how you gonna "looksee" afterwards?  Are you meaning the Severn Bridge, which looks a bit like the Humber bridge from a distance.... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"It was a very short notice thing,  I'll give you a shout next time though, I definitely plan to use this route more often - way better than ploughing up the A1.

Tim, you have me confused, Brawdy is in S Wales (old Hunter base)Humber bridge is south of Beverley, that all checks, but how you gonna "looksee" afterwards?  Are you meaning the Severn Bridge, which looks a bit like the Humber bridge from a distance.... :roll:

The looksee was referring to St Davids, but didnt get down there anyway, forgot the MoD had another day off today, and yeah Brawdy is now Signals, shame still got a massive runway there.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

Did three years at St Athan in the seventies; my eldest was born in st David's Hospital, Cardiff but I guess you are talking about St David's Head on the peninsula?

Timbox2

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Did three years at St Athan in the seventies; my eldest was born in st David's Hospital, Cardiff but I guess you are talking about St David's Head on the peninsula?

Yep, the City of St Davids which you'll miss if you blink, though has this huge Cathedral, hence City Status granted by QE2, ( Stop it, no, not the ship) :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

I know it, Mk1 missus was confirmed there by the Bishop of Lhandaff.  That was a long time ago.... :lol: