News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tiger 800 & XC frame colour?

Started by BADGER1777, June 12, 2011, 06:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BADGER1777

Anyone know why Triumph have changed the colour of the frame on all new Tiger 800's?
What do we think of the new black frames? :shock:
BADGER1777.
Dorset XC rider

PeteH

I believe it was due to crappy paint....easily rubs off around the peg area...just what I heard.
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

Birdy68

I was informed that due to the overwhelming response - being that the silver frame looks 'out of place' - at the official press release in Spain, Triumph decided to change it.

It was also a cost factor - as the graphite frame is the same as the current bikes and therefore there was a saving in changing times at the spraying booth.

What do I think about it?

BRILLIANT - that's why I waited for a graphite frame.
Birdy68
-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-
Leave the pork pies for now - get the sausage rolls while they\'re hot!

Kev Ash

I spoke to different people at Triumph and the official response was simply that they decided the graphite looked better. Not very convincing... Then someone else at the factory (can't say who!) said there were 'production problems' with the paint, which might mean it was troublesome to apply for some reason, although I still suspect the durability and rubbing off are the most likely reasons. But the graphite looks fine to me anyway.

Kevin

2dogs

I heard it was just for appearance which bertainly make sense to me. Much prefer the graphite over silver.

MGJ

The silver paint does not rub off, well not so far.

jphish

on the original silver frame (which i have - distinguishes us from the newbies (~:) I saw where a fella used some radiator hose & 2 zip ties on shifter side to protect frame from his boot toe rubbing off finish. I really dont care too much about it...but for those that do - here's an option.

MGJ

Quote from: "jphish"on the original silver frame (which i have - distinguishes us from the newbies (~:) I saw where a fella used some radiator hose & 2 zip ties on shifter side to protect frame from his boot toe rubbing off finish. I really dont care too much about it...but for those that do - here's an option.

Wel in nearly 14'000 miles I have no signs of it rubbing off.

jphish

MGJ - Only 5K mi on mine - but me neither. We must have those silver twinkle toes  :?: