News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Gorge Du Tarn

Started by Spud, June 13, 2011, 09:17:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spud

Went to the big white bridge in France and was a little impressed, rode up the gorge with Big Mark and was extremely impressed with what nature had achieved.

These picture do not do justice (how could they) to the gorge especially being in  thumb size, not sure why this has happened but if any one can tell me how to correct it I will. If you have not been to the gorge PLEASE go you will love it cheers Spud  :wink:

Chris Canning

You have sized your photos wrong in your Photobucket account,I copied this into mine,it automatically resized it in mine and then I posted it.

Chris Canning

And another just to make sure I've got it right :roll:

I met a Dutch guy nearly 40 years ago in the south of France his sister was married to a French guy so I've spent more than my fair share of time on a farm near Vallon,in the summer when water was priceless washing was optional,so have done a lot of swiming in the river to stay clean(ish!!) :D ,oddly enough only talking to him yesterday about meeting at Spa the end of the month,at the Classic

ChazzyB

If you stop in the gorge on the stretch between Le Rozier and Les Vignes and look up into the sky, high up above the level of the causse at the top, you can see birds miles up, riding the thermals. Don't fall off your bike; they're vultures... ;-)
Charles
1971 BSA A65L Lightning
1953 AJS 18S

CoolHandLuke

Back in 1997, when I was a lot fitter than I am now, I push biked from Le Havre to Marseillian, and part of my journey was through the Gorges
du Tarn.

I arrived at the top of the Gorges at 6pm.  The weather was really hot even for October and I was in two minds wether to ride down into the gorge and grab the glass of wine I had promised myself each evening or camp at the top and make the most of the view.

In the end, I saw the twisty roads into the gorge and a few cars winding their way slowly down and my mind was set - I am going to overtake a few vehicles on my push bike.

I grabbed my glass of wine and ended up camping in a field between the river and the road as the municipal campsite in Les Vignes Village was closed.

The next morning I had to cycle 5km out of the gorges from Le Rozier- I wasn't happy, but I did manage it in one go.  Even before all the fame bestowed on the place with the bridge, I fell in love with the place back then.

PeteH

Good to see you had ride, we did the Gorge last year on our tour and could have stopped every few yards to take photies, check out the link for my pix..think they start at #90 for the Gorge, 101 where the houses appear to built into the mountainside was taken from a cafe run by a very fine Filly at the village at the end of the Gorge

http://photobucket.com/Tigertour

Firefox wont open the link, so if you want to trawl through my www theres a link in the Review....Tiger 4 Tour
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

chairhead

Pete,
looking through your pics,it looks like we followed each other around :lol:
Foix,Carcassone and the Tarn gorges :lol: i was there in August last year on the Bandit

03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel