News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Sun is shining

Started by Bixxer Bob, June 14, 2011, 05:51:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

For a change so I'm taking the opportunity to take the little Yam out this evening.  Battery is on charge, 2-stroke tank topped up, tyre pressures checked, enough petrol in the tank to get me to the bike meet at the Marina in Huntingdon and back and the wife is meeting me there on her way home from work to buy me dinner!  Happy days.... 8)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Cos

Chris Canning

Which reminds me!! what I forgot during our chat at Silverstone,as your one of those folks who would know,if you ever come across a YR3 let me know.

Bixxer Bob

Will do!

The run to the marina was great; nice warm evening and the induction howl of a two-stroke thrashed 8)   Got 75mph out of her flat on the tank like a teenager on a scoot :lol:  That was according to the speedo on the wife's new car as she followed me home.  The Yam's speedo is just for decoration. 75,s not a lot I know, but they were only good for about 85 mph when they were new - undergeared a bit, and I'm scared of burning a piston so didn't push any harder.

She has a LOT of piston slap though, I'm going to need to do something about that before long :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

My YR3 in it's heyday 1971!! would draft my mate's BSA rocket3 down the Warwick by pass  :oops:

Bixxer Bob

Well,  looking back,  I was about 1/3 lighter then than I am now, so she ain't doing so bad :)

akendall1966

b*&^er - If I had read this earlier would have had a run down to say hello. Not been to the Marina for 3 or 4 weeks now. Would have been good to see something other than spots bikes and cruisers down there.
----AK-----

rf9rider

I`ve just changed shifts at work, from nights to afternoons, might be able to make it one night.

akendall1966

We will have to arrange a date for a mini 'tiger' meet one Tuesday evening. Whenever I have been there no other tigers are to be seen.
----AK-----

Bixxer Bob

Good idea, although from next week I'll have a good 70 mile ride just to get there  8)

Going off post for a minute, do you know a young lady in your village that rides an immaculate "R" reg Kwak ZX600R by any chance?

akendall1966

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"do you know a young lady in your village that rides an immaculate "R" reg Kwak ZX600R by any chance?

No sorry I don't,  a fair few bike pass by the house but I don't recall seeing that one in particular.

Sounds like the move is sorted then - good luck with it.
----AK-----

Bixxer Bob

Only ask because I stopped to see that she was ok after being knocked off by a lorry that decided he wanted to turn left not right so reversed back from the junction and pushed her over.  Lucky she wasn't hurt but the bike was a bit scuffed.  It was only later I realised I knew her slightly, I'm sure she was an apprentice mechanic at Serviceman at Hunts station a few years back.