News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

so embarrasin i had to share it

Started by rybes, July 15, 2011, 01:57:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

afternoon :D today i dont somthin ive never done before in all the years ive ridden bikes.
i came out of the gym and went over to my bike. wiped off the puddle of water on my seat and dried it off. it is pourin down here cogs n frogs. i sat on the bike and started it up. now this is where it gets embarrasin, pulled in the clutch and went throo the gearbox lookin for reverse :oops: i think it mustve been my sub contious tellin me i shoulda gone in the car cos of the weather :roll:

what a twat !  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

:oops: can't say that I,ve ever looked for reverse on the tigger but have left the kickstand up on a yamaha b4 when dismounting .

we are all boneheads at one time or another rybes  :D

aeronca

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Timbox2

Ahh, you must be a closet Goldwing Rider, they got reverse :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

rybes

funny you should say that tim, this post is on another forum ands they said the same thing  :lol: thing is, id love one  :D
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Dred

Quote from: "rybes":lol: thing is, id love one  :D

I'll tell you the same that I tell everyone that mentions they are in the market for a Goldwing ...

Spend a day on one before you put down your money.  If you have never riden a motorcycle - just walk in and ride out, but ...

Several years ago my father had me convinced.  Then I borrowed his bike for a day 'cause he just "KNEW" it'd help with the incentive.  Even with a reverse, the bike is a chore.  Add to that the most isolated experience available without at least one more wheel and you've got a recipe for distress.

The riding experience is spoiled by overengineering.  Fair enough, my other dislikes include ABS (I prefer not to be surprised by unwanted pulsation when threshold braking), FWD (impossible to effectively throttle steer without power put down properly), and sound isolation (I can't stand not receiving audio input while driving or riding - so much that I roll the windows down year round in the cage).  So, YMMV.

Now an early wing - nekkid - completely different story.  The 1L 4cylinder boxer is a dreamy motor.  I want/need me one of them, but no acquisitions permitted till I finish the Guzzi in the garage  :!: .