News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Edmonton to Medicine Hat

Started by Putts255, June 20, 2011, 08:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Putts255

Well took a ride South to see my brothers new 20 Acre property with Horse Riding arena, stables guest house etc etc... this weekend.  Ride down was good.  Little wet when we left but generally cloudy with sunny breaks all day.

First longer ride on the Tiger I had.  Broke the 9,000 km's or 5,580 mile mark this weekend.

AirHawk is a definite positive to the numb bum issue.  But not the total cure.  But I figure my bum needs some acclimating to the longer saddle time and all will be fine.  

Vario was good on the way down, very poor on the way back due to very strong head winds.  

All in all it was a good test for future rides.  Will be acquiring the Palmer screen when funds permit.  Will also be checking out getting a set of headphones for those long double lane highway sections where the standard mental games get old fast and the wind noise is tough to handle.  

Here are just a couple pic's:

Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

Mustang

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Putts255

One thing to add.  Love the stock panniers.  Size was excellent, fit all my clothes, shoes toiletries etc in the 2 side cases for a 3 day trip and the top case was left empty for my helmet, gloves etc...

This leads me to believe a 7 day trip will be easy to accommodate when the extra clothes are needed.  That is of course as long as I stay in a Hotel or a B&B and do not need camping gear.... :D
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

_____

D-Fuzz

Gotta love the prairies...flat, flat, flat!  Thank goodness for the Badlands between you and Medicine Hat.  We rode out that way last fall for an overnighter to Drumheller.  Once we got out of the Badlands, we rode on a stretch of highway for a solid 2hrs without a single curve, just arrow-straight asphalt.

Seeing as you mentioned a 7-day trip, do you have a bigger trip planned?  I am heading off on my Tiger next month down through the Black Hills, through Wyoming, Yellowstone, over the Beartooth Pass and home.  I am really looking forward to it.  I love riding my Tiger, so putting on some serious miles will be an awesome experience.
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Mustang

Quote from: "D-Fuzz"I am heading off on my Tiger next month down through the Black Hills, through Wyoming, Yellowstone, over the Beartooth Pass and home.  I am really looking forward to it.  I love riding my Tiger, so putting on some serious miles will be an awesome experience.

2 years ago me and my little brother rode over beartooth pass in August and there was black ice on the road near the summit . Sideways on ice at 45 mph was a puckering experience for little brother on his Bonneville . Tigger loved it  :ImaPoser

D-Fuzz

A friend of mine rode through there last August and rode through snow flurries at the top.  I guess at 11,000+ feet, snow is never too far away.  I can't wait. :D
Scott

1996 Tiger 885, black

Putts255

Trying to get a 7 day trip together with my brother to Vancouver Island via Banff.  Issue is he is a contractor and planning is difficult.  My parents live in Sooke and the roads on that side of the island wwould make for some nice day rides.  Woohoo!!

I am heading to Montana the last week of July in the motor home and trailering the Tiger with me.  My brother and 2 friends will be there and we will take day trips out of the camp site.  

Next year I want to do the Vegas Grand Canyon trip.  But again with my brothers work it is difficult to plan.  I would like to take 2 weeks to do it.  

It is also my 25 wedding anniversary and the wife wants to go to Italy for 3 weeks.  I said yes as long as we rent a bike for a week while on the Amalfi coast....so it may prevent the Vegas trip...  

We will see.  I will do my best to post pictures and a report of my Montana stay.  Woudl love to do the Beartooth but it is too far from the campsite to do in a day.

_____

Tigertriple

Great photos,

I drove from Calgary to Medicine Hat a few years ago, although not on a bike. I had a rental Chevy Suburban which kept cutting out on me. I later discovered that it had a governed engine and I was driving it flat out, hense why it was cutting out.

I would love to visit Canada again and do some biking. Maybe someday :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras