News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

V1 direct wire

Started by abell, December 02, 2004, 06:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

abell

Hello all

I am going to power my Valentine One off the Tiger using the direct wire kit. Any suggestions regarding a handy switched power source for the wiring-harness connector and a grounding point?

I am assuming under the seat is the best choice, with a cable running up to the cockpit for the detector, rather than getting the power from up front.

Cheers, Adam
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

Robbie

What year tiger?

do you have heated grips?

if you don't there is a handy connector in the fairing that has a switched live and earth just waiting to be pluged in to something.
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

abell

It's a 2005 without the heated grips (not standard in the US) - but I may fit them in future so I'd like to reserve the connector.

Cheers

Adam
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

rpmnh

How did you mount your radar detector? I just got my '99 Tiger, and was planning on building a small shelf about the instruments.

Speed3guy

I mounted my radar detector by putting self-adhesive velcro on the lid of the front brake fluid reservoir.  I made cutouts in the velcro so that the screws holding the lid on aren't covered.  It's simple and unobtrusive when the radar detector isn't being used.

ChrisN

Anything sited under the seat can be neatly and easily wired into the live feed of the rear brake pedal switch. This will provide an ignition switched 5 amp fused supply.

Unplug and peel back the rubber boot. Carefully thread a new supply wire into the boot collar along side the thick black one and connect it to the plug terminal nearest the rear axle. A little smear of silicone will ensure no water penetrates the boot (it's pretty tight anyway). Use small cable ties to conceal the new wire and ensure its kept away from the rear wheel. Add an inline fuse before connection which allow you to easily remove or isolate your accessories at any future date. Wire the negative to the battery terminal.
Chris

abell

>Anything sited under the seat can be neatly and easily wired into

>the live feed of the rear brake pedal switch.

Yep that's the way I did it.

Regarding mounting of the V1, I use a handlebar mount from SJL Products (http://www.motorcycleradar.com/). I also have one of their other mounts on my Daytona and they are excellent.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona