News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Shackle or D lock.

Started by Anonymous, July 01, 2011, 05:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blacktiger

I found a really solid shackle lock or as some call it "D" lock that fits the underseat storage on the T800.
It's the "Abus Granit Power, 58/140 HBIII 310". I know it's dearer than the Triumph one but who knows how good that is? Abus are well proven and this one is Thatcham approved, level 20 secure.

Perfect fit. :hello2
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

walker

good to know! ABUS makes some nice locks.

KuzzinKenny

Abus  :thumbsup

hope ya got one O these with it......

:oops:  :lol:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

blacktiger

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Abus  :thumbsup

hope ya got one O these with it......

:oops:  :lol:

KK

Don't need it.
It's not like a disc lock that allows the wheel to rotate almost a full turn before locking solid. This lock will not allow any movement what so ever. The only scenario that I can think of where you'll be in trouble is if you decide to rev to 5K then dump the clutch...........................ouch!
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

chub

I like, will have to look into that
\'12 Tiger 800 ABS
\'96 Goldwing