News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

fork measurments

Started by rybes, July 20, 2011, 09:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

hello allyou roadie owners. im sick of crap brakes on me steamer so im thinkin of puttin rroadies forks, swingarm wheels etc on. can anyone give me the overall length of the forks and the length of the forks from the top to the center of the axle and the measurement from the swing arm pivot bot to the center of the rear axle.
thanks muchly

Rybes (steamer owner)
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mad Cow

Just been crawling around in the garage with a tape measure!

Forks top (not including top nut) to bottom = 843mm

Forks top to centre of spindle = 825mm

Swing Arm centre to centre = 560mm on mine but obviously the rear pivot location can move about 70mm from front to back.

Swing arm pivot centre to the end of the swing arm is 590mm if that helps
MAD COW

rybes

nice one cheers madcow, i owe ya a pint. ill go have a measure up tommorow and see how it looks. thanks again  8)

walker

you will need the triple tree as well - the diameter of the forks is much larger (they are upside down ones). The spindle nut is totally different - so you'll need a wheel with that diameter (maybe from a BMW?).... but then the brake rotors might not line up.

the front wheel is a 17" on the roadie.

What I would do is get some decent pads and some good floating rotors. You might even find a bracket to mount up different calipers on your existing setup.

rybes

cheers walker. i know im gunna need a shed load of parts to fix it all together. goin to take me a while to source all the bits. triumph all the way mate ;)
may be able to keep my steering stem, unless its welded in  :roll:
as for the decent pads and rotors route, i would but id like to fit 17 inch wheels and i like the look of usd,s ;) ill be bringin me steamer into the 21st century, well almost :lol: