News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Steamer with bad habbits
Last post by Titus - Today at 07:38:43 PM
Got the clock, right after I saved the one you sent me got a sugestion with one from germany for 47 euros, faved it and grabbed it for 45.
Sadly since brexit anything from the uk carries a heavy 15 pound min tax alongside a really expensive transport fee.
Anyway, clock is on the way, thank you Phill!
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Re: Fuel stabilizer
Last post by Titus - Today at 07:35:53 PM
Right Phill, gotta be careful with those additives, I fitted an inline filter for the crud and stuff, washed the tank but that messy white slime I think its the ethanol reacting with the plastic.
Last post by Titus - Today at 06:03:45 PM
I like it looking stock and original, seen a voltmeter fitting made to fit the windshield bolt on the forum, no cutting just a bracket. Will copy that.
Or stick a Voltmeter in its place, and put a generic clock somewhere..
Last post by London_Phil - Today at 05:31:19 PM
My Steamer would always, and I mean always have Carb issues whenever not run for a while, and I replaced the Mikunis with Keihins and still had issues..It's why I went EFI...
Last post by Lee337 - Today at 03:53:10 PM
I'll use stabiliser if storing the bike for more than a couple of months, but aside from that I don't bother & not had any issues. That's not to say I won't, but Iof the 3 working bikes (all Triumphs) I just use normal E10 fuel. Admittedly every 3rd tank I'll fill up with premium fuel (same with the car).

The Trophy regularly sits for 4 - 6 weeks without running, The Tiger 955i even longer & the only real issues I have are the batteries.
Last post by Titus - Today at 12:02:39 PM
Oh my, thank you !!!
Put it on favourites, I usually get a 10% discount in a few hours and will buy it.
Great find, thank you !!!!
Last post by London_Phil - May 02, 2024, 11:06:32 PM
I seem to recall about 1100rpm worked for me.
Re the clock
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256208272397 is cheapest I can see
Last post by Titus - May 02, 2024, 06:42:58 PM
Went for a short ride today, everything is ok, no more alternator rattle, bike pulls like a banshee and idles like brand new.
Question, where do you set your idle rpms? Found that 1000 is the number but seems a little low, I set it to about 1200 and seems to pull away crisper, what are your thoughts on that?
Searched ebay for a clock, lowest one I found was 100 euros...jeez, waiting for a better priced one.
Last post by Titus - May 01, 2024, 11:16:23 PM
And a honda xr 500 from 1985 next to the 124, and a volvo 480 wedge on the right hidden behind the tiger. We love our old stuff. 124 is a 2.8 from 93, same birthday as the tiger.
Still amazing how that cdi fooled us, damned thing.
Glad it happened, weather was crap anyway and had do the alternator rattle anyway plus every leccy contact on the bike is clean and shiny and the little f..ker is also brand new.

Most importantly made some friends abroad and found a great forum :occasion14