News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Girly Talk (1999 - 2006 Tigers) / Re: Surging at 3-4k RPM
Last post by Flyingwombat - April 23, 2024, 10:34:22 AM
Spark plugs were black with carbon! Will be cleaning or renewing before carrying on. Although I am not sure that this is the main issue because it was still running with -ve adjustment on the LTFT.
Last post by Flyingwombat - April 23, 2024, 12:05:52 AM
Cheers man,

Plugs are NGK probably about 300 miles through them, although I will need to double check as apparently fakes do exist and they were mail order...

I haven't done the valves or clutch, so the only way that the Crankshaft Position Sensor could be off would be some slippage.

The valve clearances are due a service, but I want to get it going again first. Will try some of these lambda sensor fixes and blow the otherway into the IACV.
Last post by the slow heart - April 22, 2024, 07:46:19 PM
Any chance crank shaft position sensor to be disturbed? It is well exposed during clutch/ valve train works.
Last post by the slow heart - April 22, 2024, 07:35:16 PM
Keep it up man, the bike just gets better  :eusa_clap

Hope spark plugs inspection won't raise more issues like piston ring or valve guide leaks, beware how much you torque them in thereafter. Are the plugs Denso, or NGK equivalent? In my location NGK cheap replicas are more common.

If the lambda is not working properly, it may override proper iacv co setting. On the safe side you better test it with a meter, wash it after gasoline soaking. You could also test unplug it from the loom to simulate open loop system and load the 9891 map. After the test load back 9892 and plug the sensor.

Pump priming may be less pressure due to less voltage. More important is when bike is running, voltage high ( how much is it at idle actually ? ). Anyway you are within 10% of the 3 bar requirement.

Might be the questioned one way valve is within the iacv itself, get it off and mouth blow it both sides to check whether it is one or two way open?
Last post by Flyingwombat - April 22, 2024, 02:13:03 PM
Replaced fuel pump and hoses for good measure. Squealing has stopped, and the fuel pump reaches pressure faster. It started making a gushing sound when ignition is turned, I sent an inspection camera into the tank and it appears to be coming from the fuel pressure regulator, which I guess is how it works.

I also cannot find any 1 way valve between the throttle bodies and the IACV... I have blown down the IACV pipes, through the IACV housing too in order to check for blockages, all seems OK.
Last post by Flyingwombat - April 22, 2024, 11:27:35 AM
Also worth noting that the fuel rail pressure on priming is 2.8 bar (g) and this drops to 2.6 bar (g) over 5 mins when engine is off. Fuel pump is squealing slightly during priming, however when I start the engine it keeps pressure.

Also noted in the manual that the cutting out could be a stuck IACV, which it is not, or a blocked throttle body 1 way valve... so I will look into that too.
Last post by Flyingwombat - April 22, 2024, 11:24:13 AM
So when I took apart the injectors this time I noticed damage to a seal. Replaced all seals, they slid in much easier this time during assembly.

Assessed current situation.

Adjustments : IACV set to 120, Idle fuel trim @ 16.4, Long term fuel trim @ +3

Engine starting is difficult with failing to rev, when it does start it revs to approximately 1200 RPM before cutting out.

Map is 9892, Yes Lambda sensor is there.

For good measure, and because it is easy I am going to re-check my spark plugs to see if they've fouled since put in.
Last post by the slow heart - April 22, 2024, 09:44:47 AM
Waiting injector seals replacement to rule them out.
Do you have lambda on the exhaust? Which map is on board now?
ECU and Fuel Injection / Re: PreVIN 885i and TuneECU
Last post by the slow heart - April 22, 2024, 09:32:10 AM
Yes, since I got the map update all tests, mapping and sensors data are available. Had ambient air sensor drifting a bit ( apart from the iacv hose leaks ) and now oem one came into play  :friday
General Discussions / Re: Checking in
Last post by Lee337 - April 20, 2024, 08:13:46 PM
Last weekend riding around in the sun, Tuesday thunder  lightening & hail stones the size of marbles. Wednesday  really strong winds & rain...

Still  off to the Canaries Tuesday, hopefully the weather here will have improved by the time I get back.