News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussions / Comms advice
Last post by ghulst - March 25, 2024, 06:48:29 PM
I love my AirPod Pro's for that purpose Phil. Plus they are small enough to easily fit in my pocket. However, they do not comfortably fit under a helmet...

For long flights or longer stints in very noisy environments I have a pair of Bose noise canceling over ear headphones. That works pretty well.
Steamers (1993-1998 Tigers) / Cafe Racer Kit - Experiences?
Last post by Aeschere - March 25, 2024, 03:33:08 PM
Hello all,

Lately, I have been looking at other, younger bikes...I know, I know...don't judge me :(

I am very charmed by the Bonneville T120 Black and I especially like the rugged looked that some of the owners have given them. I have also been looking at the Scrambler 1200 (version to be determined) and I like the looks of that as well.
But then I can across a company called Cafe Racer Kit who apparently, have a T400 kit to turn the trusty Tiger into a scrambler: Scrambler Kit

A kit like that is a lot cheaper then getting a Scrambler and might achieve the same result. It still doesn't turn me away from the Bonneville but it might enlongate the relationship between me and the Tiger a bit.

Do you have any experiences with these type of kits? Are they worth it (how subjectively that might be)? Are there perhaps other choices that can be made to achieve the same result?
General Discussions / Re: Comms advice
Last post by London_Phil - March 25, 2024, 11:31:41 AM
Tech has improved immensely. I just got a pair of noise cancelling earbuds for use when on some very noisy tube lines, which aggravate my tinnitus, and the level of ability they have is stunning. I don't think they would be any good on the bike, due to mic location, but they are quite something at blocking noise, and sound quality is impressive.
Ride Reports / Re: Lowest non classified road...
Last post by London_Phil - March 25, 2024, 11:23:14 AM
Quote from: ghulst on March 25, 2024, 11:15:03 AMCome over to NL and I will show you roads that never go above sea level at all. ;)
Hmmmm Anyone up for a trip to the Lowlands? but not a 5K epic adventure....
General Discussions / Re: Comms advice
Last post by ghulst - March 25, 2024, 11:22:01 AM
I hear a lot of good things about the Cardo series, especially when combined with the JBL speakers. I (used to) ride with an old ALDI/Medion Bluetooth set in my helmet. However, when I am wearing ear plugs, there is no chance I hear anything at all. Be it a friend talking or a call, they are hardly audible. So, I have been doing some research myself and I tend to lean towards the Cardo Pack Talk Edge/Neo. Yes, I know, that is probably overkill in your situation, but the newer tech in there might make it slightly less outdated over time. Plus, for me the mesh is interesting for riding with a friend and communicating with my daughter/wife on the back. So, that is what I am saving up for...
Last post by ghulst - March 25, 2024, 11:15:03 AM
Come over to NL and I will show you roads that never go above sea level at all. ;) 
Last post by London_Phil - March 25, 2024, 11:06:00 AM
I think I need to pop up and let you show me some of these lovely roads...
Ride Reports / Lowest non classified road un ...
Last post by Lee337 - March 25, 2024, 09:34:24 AM
Took a trip out with my new cheap camera to the lowest road in the UK.

Some say it's the A1101 near Peterborough and they'd be right. the A1101 is the lowest classified road in the UK which barely rises above sea level along its entire length. But leading off this is the B660, and just off that is a small single track lane called Holme Lode. This lane is approx 2m below sea level.

I'd hoped to put a video together using my newly purchased Ghost Drift XL Pro but for some odd reason all it recorded throughout my 70 mile run was me opening my back door & stepping into the kitchen when I got home, so a few pictures is all you get.
General Discussions / Comms advice
Last post by Lee337 - March 24, 2024, 06:26:30 PM
For a fes tears now I've been using g a Freedconn BT comes unit in my lid. I don't particularly want to talk to anyone as I usually ride alone.  About the only time I ride with someone else, it's my brother & he's deaf, so no point talking to him.(Get to the point Lee!).

Anyway, I ma8nly use it for the Garmin, occasionally Google maps and even more rare, music. But my old Freedconn is just that, OLD. it's BT version 2, the speakers are pretty much shot & the last time I took a call I'm told, it sounded like I was using two tin cans & a piece of string.

I've been doing some research & with a budget of £200 I've narrowed it down to a Cardo freecom 4x.

Have I missed any obvious alternatives?

Not really interested in mesh comms or long range, but sound quality is important.
Tiger 800's (2010 - 2020 Tigers) / Re: Talyn's Diary
Last post by ghulst - March 23, 2024, 04:14:13 PM
Four working vehicles at the same time? That's just excessive! Time to start wrenching on something.  :mut

Oh, and that camera is a steal. Now we are all waiting for more pics.