News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Improved Air Intake

Started by ME-Rider, June 12, 2007, 03:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ME-Rider

I have the TOR pipe and the remapped ECU for my 2006 Tiger and I was wondering if anyone out there has done anything to improve air flow to the motor.  My previous bike was a Buell M2 and I had an aftermarket pipe, carb and free flow air cleaner.  Since the triple is liquid cooled, do I need to worry about this mod?  Are there K&N options out there for the 955i motor?  Thanks in advance for your input.

Mark
Ride to Work, Work to Ride

BykBoy

Quote from: "ME-Rider"...I was wondering if anyone out there has done anything to improve air flow to the motor...

Do a search on "Airbox" and you will find lot's of discussions about modifications done to imporve air intake.

Here is one example.

Quote from: "ME-Rider"Are there K&N options out there for the 955i motor?  Thanks in advance for your input.

Same as above.

I got a K&N air filter through my local deler. Can't tell if it makes a difference... :roll:
2001 Black 955i Tiger

Save $5 when you open a SmugMug account. Use the following coupon: 4l1hicJzWvYNE

ME-Rider

Thanks for the tip.  I didn't think to use the search feature.   :smt102
Ride to Work, Work to Ride

blacktiger

2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.