News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly Wilbers Rear Shock Up for Grabs(Update)

Started by Timbox2, September 16, 2011, 03:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbox2

Update 17/09/2011: Ive took a load of new pics of the shock today, but photobucket seems to be having a bad day so If anyones interested I can send pics to email , I have also found a spare lower bearing pivot, I bought a new one from Triumph, but when I took the old one out it was ok, so will include this as well, original box found, so all looks pukka and ready to ship.

Im testing the water really, and would prefer that the shock went to someone on the forum, but if no interest it will go to Fleabay.

So the specs,

Firstly, this  only fits Ally Wheel 955 Girlies 04-06 approx.

Its a Wilbers 641 Shock with Remote Hydraulic Preload and seperate Reservoir with High and Lowspeed Compression Damping.

Now, the shock was built for me and my requirements, so its built for somebody who weighs 13 Stone and carries approx 20kg of luggage.
So, if you weigh significantly more or less, or carry pillions regularly you may need to have it resprung by Wilbers, winding the preload on more should compensate enough but then its missing the point a bit. To give you an idea I found that if I rode the bike without any luggage at all, it was a bit harsh, but with a topbox and stuff inside just about spot on, if I put the panniers on aswell, it just needed a turn or two of the Preload adjuster.

Ive spoken to Wilbers Uk(Revs Racing) and they say that as long as the scheduled service is done at 2 years( March 2013) that the 5 Year warranty is still transferable, so 4 1/2 years still left.

The shock cost me £812 in March and Ive done about 8500 miles on it.

Im reckoning £490 ONO plus postage to you guys. If it helps and you dont knock me down too much I'll consider riding up to 100 miles from my place in S.Wales to meet you.

Be aware, if youve never had a decent aftermarket shock this will ruin it for you from now on, Ive just bought a £13,000 bike and the shock is lacking to say the least.

Heres a pic of the shock when I bought It, I'll update with a current pic when Ive got some time over the weekend.

2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

For you guys looking at this,no matter how good you think it will be, times that by 10 and you'll be about right,a true rarity for some lucky sole,you cannot buy a shock for your Tigger at a higher spec,and if it fitted my Tiger it wouldn't have appeared on here  :roll:  I'd have replaced my Ohlins with it.

jwray76

why couldn't you be in the USA...or at least the exchange be a bit better  :x

Timbox2

OK, Photobucket playing again

Heres the pics

2016 Tiger Sport