News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Rear rim, and other questions.......

Started by theclowncrusty, September 13, 2011, 10:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theclowncrusty

Hi gang, just a couple of questions about my beast.
Going to get the hubs and rims powder coated over the winter months and was wondering if anyone had put a wider rim on a steamer and what they thought of the difference? I am not looking for orange county chopper size rear wheel as i still want to run the dual sport tyres.

Also where have people been taking the vacuum feed for a scottoiler when they have fitted one? and where did you mount the pump,drip feed?

Cans are on baglux tank cover fitted, (needs  modding but i will get to that)
Engine bars and givi rack to sort also stiffen up the suspension and it will be where i want it!!!!!
Crusty :lol:

rybes

ive fitted along with others on here wheels from the 955 tiger. there slightly wider givin a 150 tyre. if ya want wider i think you can get a 180 in there ? or instead of gettin ya spoked wheels doen, how bout a 3 spoke conversion from early triumphs. bigger tyre choice and so much easier to keep clean.
my scottoiler take off is on one of the carb tops. just pull of the rubber boot from where the balancer would fit and plug it on there.
as for the meterin unit, if you get the big resoivor (?) itll fit in that and that fits behind the number plate.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

theclowncrusty

Hi riberman, thanks for the speedy reply. Are the 955 tiger wheels a straight fit? No messing about with spacers and the like? Can i use the brake rotors from the new wheels or do i have to use mine?
Crusty

rybes

straight swap mate. i used my brake discs as the new wheels didnt come with the discs. jus take your ones out and put the new ones in. simple as that  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)