News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Production Run Numbers

Started by fishnbiker, August 12, 2011, 07:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishnbiker

I have recently found that my 95 Steamer may be eligible for a "Collector" licence plate in my jurisdiction (British Columbia) if I can verify that it's over 15 years with less than a certain amount been made for worldwide consumption in that year. Anyone out there have any idea how many 95's were produced & more specifically, how many were shipped to North America?

This plate would give me full insurance coverage for only $150 per year, so this is an opportunity to get more fuel running through it if those insurance costs are reduced.

Thanks,
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE

Mustang

Triumph is pretty secretive with the numbers ................But when the 1st North American models came out Cycle Worlds test report stated that there were only 125 1995 Tigers imported to USA. sadly No docs to verify though . It was the around February or March 95 issue

fishnbiker

125 was the number that stuck in my mind, but as you say, with no verification. Peter Carleo at Triumph USA guessed at 250 for all of North America for '95. I guess I will try to connect with the factory next. All this will depend on how accurate the insurance company requires.

The BMW factory in Germany was kind enough to verify 709 USA models were made that year (for my other ride). Speaks a lot for customer relations.

Thanks for the input.
Ken/Fishnbiker
& Felix, blue 95 Tiger, & Buzz, 08 blue Suzuki DR 650 SE, & Mini-D, 97 white Suzuki DR 350 SE