News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Road assistance for KTM

Started by Rocinante, August 16, 2011, 06:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocinante

I was at the Offroad Touring meeting in Norway this weekend, and had to tow a KTM 990 Adventure S for 30 kms.  :twisted:  

As we got closer to camp where everyone else had arrived for the night, and where I´ve always been the lone wolf Triumph Steamer owner who everyone always asks if I´m still riding that old girl, I realized I would have to tow the KTM through the whole camp for everyone to see.

Since a good friend was on the KTM and since I felt sorry for him because we didn´t know what was wrong and feared the worst, I figured I´d turn off the flashing alarm lights as we arrived.

Well, it wash´t my fault that the button stuck. So we flashed and blinked our way through camp for everyone to see and follow.

My friend in the back said later he considered pulling the brakes to snap the flexible luggage strap we used for towing.

So for the rest of the night I kept on repeating for the five to ten KTM guys working on the broken down 990 that it would be cruel of me to keep on reminding them of which bike towed which.

What a night. :lol:

PS I have to say, thanks to some very knowledgeable guys and five hours of work, the problem was solved, and my very lucky friend could drive the bike back to Sweden with one less spring and bolt on the clutch. (One of the bolts on the clutch had loosened and got stuck on the outside of the clutch, grinding the clutch cover which caused the oil sieve to clog up which again caused the oil pressure to go to zero. )
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com