News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

A stupid headlight question

Started by bunker, August 25, 2011, 09:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bunker

Got into work this morning and i've got no headlights, the sidelights are ok but main beam is nada; i've checked the fuse and its ok which makes me think its possibly the relay at fault?

Or if one of the bulbs blows does it take the other one out with it?

Cheers,

8)
Tiger 885

JetdocX

Do you have high beam?
From parts unknown.

rybes

if one blows it wont take the other one out with it. however, there is always the chance they both die at a similar time. like jet says, do ya have high beams ? if ya have its the bulbs if ya havnt itll be summink else :lol:
if you look behind your clocks, youll see 2 rubber caps on the back of the headlights. take these of and the bulbs are behind them. your gunna have to do some takin apart of plastics etc unless ya got real skinny hands that can reach up in there to get at em.
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

bunker

Quote from: "JetdocX"Do you have high beam?

Thats a very good suggestion, and so simple that i didn't even consider it  :oops:

I'll check later! Thanks guys  :)
Tiger 885

bunker

High beams are ok  :roll:

When i switched high beam off, lo and behold the headlights were back  :shock:

I've given the connectors a clean - that should be it hopefully  8)
Tiger 885

rybes

glad it was an easy fix. i seem to remember thatthe terminals of my headlight relays were badly corroded. praps that was the problem with yours ?

wakdady

since we are on the headlight topic.
would installing HID's lessen the load enough to employ some high power fogs or daytime running lamps?

i've read these alternators dont really put out very much.
also been thinking about taking the alternator to a specialty shop to see if they can rebuild it to put out more powah

rybes

dont waste ya money on hid,s they need a specail lense on the front of the headlight o make them work. in a lamp designed for bulbs they throw out an irregular pattern. save ya money an just get some decent bulbs  :wink:

Mustang

Quote from: "wakdady"i've read these alternators dont really put out very much.
also been thinking about taking the alternator to a specialty shop to see if they can rebuild it to put out more powah
25 amp is all ya get

aeronca

both mine blew at the exact same time a month ago - high beams fine/low beams crap :shock:  crazy man.
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!