News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Can anyone identify this for me?

Started by DeanRider, August 25, 2011, 08:08:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeanRider

Just above the coolant reserve tank on my '06 Tiger 955i, I noticed this rather 'Heath-Robinson' tape job!

As the bike has never had any serious work done on it since leaving the factory -- other than two or three services by the dealer -- I can only presume that this is how it comes out of the factory?!

Not wanting to unwrap the insulation tape (there being no apparent fault), I am nevertheless curious.

Looking at an earlier wiring diagram of the fuel gauge, am I correct in thinking that this is a taped up receptacle which contains the two resistors (75 & 10 ohm wire wound?) referred to in the attached snapshot of the wiring diagram:

Maybe someone has seen this before and can identify it for me?

Deano
1967 Triumph Tiger T100
1984 BMW R100CS
2002 Daytona 955i CE
2006 Triumph Tiger 955i
2006 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
2011 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet Classic

KuzzinKenny

Hey DeanRider !! no idea what that is, or if my Tigger is like that  :?

but while yer in there i'd change the 2 white nylon elbows in the coolant reservoir tank as they're prone to crack   :shock: just remember what one went where  :thumbsup

barbed brass ones are best !!

KK

ps looks like ones been changed already  :D
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Jon H.

I was looking at the same "package" today while re-wiring my voltmeter.  It feels like there might be a circuit board in there.  Since the wire color codes match the fuel gauge diagram, you are most certainly correct that it is for the fuel gauge.  Heath Robinson ha ha  That's a new one for me...had to look it up!  Around here we just call that "Southern Engineering".  
Cheers,  Jon in SC
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black
1971 Norton Commando - Black
1983 Moto Guzzi LeMans lll - Red
2009 Suzuki DL 650S - Black

DeanRider

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"looks like ones been changed already  :D

...and today the other one...  :lol:

8)
Deano
1967 Triumph Tiger T100
1984 BMW R100CS
2002 Daytona 955i CE
2006 Triumph Tiger 955i
2006 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
2011 Royal Enfield 350 Bullet Classic

metalguru

Mine is an 04 silver frame with mag wheels and also have that lash up. Left it alone as no problems.......so far!
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Robbie

my 03 has not got that lump

maybe it is where they put the eye lashes all rolled up
Robbie and Mohan the original silver Tiger

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "DeanRider"
Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"looks like ones been changed already  :D

...and today the other one...  :lol:

8)
Deano

:thumbsup

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly