News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Lumpy runner!!

Started by peds, September 09, 2011, 10:33:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

peds

Just fitted new battery and carried out TPS reset and 12 Minute tune......

Do these readings seem ok to someone that knows what they are talking about??

Hell.......IDK!!!  :D  :D [/url]
"I\'d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel".

Bixxer Bob

Your long term fuel trim looks low, mine was 4.18 and is currently about 4.3 if I remember correctly.  Mine wouldn't run if it was 3.6 which just goes to prove these damn bikes are individuals!

Also, the O2 sensor should be at about 0.45  If it's constantly at 8ish then it's trying to richen the mix and you're looking at an air leak somewhere.

If it's just a snapshot ie when you took the freeze screen, and is usually around .45 then ignore it.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

peds

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Your long term fuel trim looks low, mine was 4.18 and is currently about 4.3 if I remember correctly.  Mine wouldn't run if it was 3.6 which just goes to prove these damn bikes are individuals!

Could this be the cause of mine almost stalling if you blip the throttle on idle and surges on lower revs at constant throttle??

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Also, the O2 sensor should be at about 0.45  If it's constantly at 8ish then it's trying to richen the mix and you're looking at an air leak somewhere.

If it's just a snapshot ie when you took the freeze screen, and is usually around .45 then ignore it.

Gonna check the system for air leaks tomorrow.....this was a symptom I had with one of my cars years ago, come to think of it...that had a fractured air pipe too........
 :shock:  :shock:  :D  :D
"I\'d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."

Bixxer Bob

LTFT - yes.  Try raising it a bit at a time until it blips without hesitating on pickup or banging on overrun.  Nice and clean in other words.  You'll have to take your time, don't rush it as once you get close even small amounts make a difference.  Ideally it should be done with an gas analyser but feel and smell work pretty good.  I wouldn't be surprised if you come back with a setting of 4.2 - 4.6

Do the air leak check first though and have the motor good and warm.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

peds

Seem to have cured my surging, and nigh-on cutting out when blipping the throttle on idle! Trouble is, I did a few things and don't know which of them cured it, maybe a combination of the lot!!!

Removed the Air filter box baffle plate
Replaced throttle body gaskets
Put self amalgamating tape around all the air tubing (to seal any possible leaks)
New Battery (turns out the one fitted was a YTX 12 BS, not a YTX 14 BS, and it was knackered!!)
Reset the TPS
Carried out 12 Minute Tune

I left the LTFT at 3.6 for now, may need to adjust this, I'll see!!

At the moment, I am getting about 230 Miles to a tank, and that's at a steady 85-90 MPH! - ALOT better than my old VTR!!

As yet all is well however, I have not had chance to get her on a good run but I will know when I go to work on Monday!

FINGERS CROSSED!!!

:D  :D

metalguru

Noticed you are running the STD map, these run very lean.

Do you run a TOR exhaust or standard?

Even with the STD exhaust the TOR map will make a BIG difference as it is very lean running anyway.

I have a Carbon Can Co tri oval without baffles and have richened up and altered the TOR map quite a bit, even dynamic testing to get it close....(RIP gastester).
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

Is that "Rest in Peace" gastester...  :lol:

metalguru

EEER yes it is,
When I was testing the mix at higher throttle ranges I thought it would be a good idea to have some dynamic results.
With the laptop in the box and the gastester strapped to the bars went to find some tarmac.
All went very well untill the very end (luckily) and obtained some good results, but the bungie that had been fine and not complained decided it didn't like where it was and broke.
The resultant carnage involved the strap going awol and the gastester which is now free to go, did. I think the combination of old cheap plastic, 90mph and tarmac all came to a head and the gastester was in a million bits. Luckily still have the home made sniffer tube.....Sniff gastesting at speed? ermm.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Bixxer Bob

Yer I remember you telling the story the first time  :lol:

Tuneboy has some limited facility for datalogging on the move but I've never tried it.  One of these days..... :roll: