News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

TwoWheels or Dick Turpin.?

Started by robbo, December 11, 2004, 04:49:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbo

Well I have already decided to keeping the tiger. As some of you have mentioned I will never get another without dropping money and as I mentioned earlier I am sure I will get better use out of it in a few years when the kids are a bit older.

The tiger is the best bike I have ever had at two up touring and it can scratch with the best of them. I just missed the speed of my previous bike ( Aprilia RST 1000 ) and the thrills that go with that type of bike ( its called acceleration ).

A VFR probably wouldnÌt be the bike for me as itÌs a bit of a nothing in that its not as comfy as a tourer, its not as fast as a sports bike and its not as usable as a big trails bike or even a naked street bike.

For us Tiger owners who in general seem to be people who like to do a lot of miles and who donÌt turn back at the first sign of bad weather. There are not a lot of bikes on the market that can do it all.

Dear Mr Triumph

For xmas I would like a new bike.

One which is as comfy as my Tiger,

which is as usable as my Tiger,

which has the tank range of my Tiger,

which has the luggage capacity of my Tiger,

which has the pillion capacity Tiger,

which corners like my Tiger,

which is as powerful as my Tiger.

But weighs half as much and does 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds  :twisted:
best Regards

Robbo

Chris Canning

Hi Robbo

Why don't you just go and buy a cheap VFR,you can get a good'un in the Bike Trader for under two grand,i've never understood the logic of knackering a good bike up in the bad weather when the trade is awash with cheap bikes,i've a mate who this year bought a 91 Pro Arm with 40,000 miles on it for 800 quid rode it to Andorra on his holidays came back and was offered 1200 when it got home!!!

Chris

robbo

Chris,

Yip that sounds like a plan, I just have to get the wife to understand why I need two bikes in the garage.

I had an XT660 which a got for £700 but had to swapped it for a car when ours broke down and the wife complained about having two bikes in the garage yet she has no way to get to work. We now have two cars and one bike instead of the other way around hence the reason I am riding a brand new bike in the winter. :roll:
best Regards

Robbo

abell

If adding a bike to a garage already containing a Tiger, I wouldn't add a VFR. Especially if you miss your Mille. Add a literbike and you've got two bikes that are both brilliant at what they do.
2005 Tiger

2001 Daytona

robbo

abell,

agreed, if Im keeping the Tiger there is no need for a VFR. Im going to start saving and see what I can get in 6 month or so once I have some money put aside.
best Regards

Robbo