News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Tell me your experience with Sargent seat mod for the Girly

Started by haroldo_psf, September 08, 2011, 06:35:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haroldo_psf

Hi folks

I have been researching seat options (Thanks Mustang for all your help so far).

Spencer seat mods (www.itsagreatdaytoride.com or something) couldn't help me because of a tear on my cover. He was my preferred guy, not only because he is cheap (it would be $75 for the foam upgrade and reshaping), but also he is VERY familiar with the Girly seat and it's shortcomings.

Russel is another good option, but it's $375 for a rider section mod. Kinda steep.

The full off the shelf Corbin is $365 (plus tax, s&h). That is probably my best option so far, as it includes a new seat pan.

The other option, I just spoke with a guy at Sargent. The downside is that they don't really know what to do other than the info you give them. They need you to draw level markings on the seat, and explain what you want done, what to widen, what to level, etc. That is fine, except I'm no seat mod expert, and all I know is where my butt hurts. Spencer knew what to do, Sargent doesn't unless you tell them.

So, for the Sargent mod it would be around $250 plus any upholstering upgrage (leather, etc). So probably around $300.

My question is, has any of you had this Sargent seat mod done? What did you have done? How do you like it? Pros and Cons? Any feedback you could give me on this would be greatly appreciated
2000 Tiger 885i