News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Bike won't idle after about 50 miles

Started by mtrdrms, October 29, 2011, 07:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mtrdrms

So just recently my beloved commuter has been giving me lots of grief.  Head gasket leaking, buring tons of oil and now the idle drops to below 800 rpms and the engine dies soon after.  This only happens after about 30+ miles.  Annoying.  It will start right up but I have to blip the throttle to keep it running.  A royal pain in traffic.  Could this be a fuel filter?  Im at a loss and getting overwhelmed here.  Today my riding buddy picked up a new 800xc.  I don't want to quit on my Girly.  Please help!

Andy
1999 Tiger (approx 53k miles)

"To reject the part of the buddha that attends to the analysis of motorcycles is to miss the buddha entirely."
-Robert Pirsig

Bixxer Bob

Check the tank vent isn't blocked.......
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

mtrdrms

Good call Bob.  Is that one of the ones that is around where the fuel lines go into the tank?
1999 Tiger (approx 53k miles)

"To reject the part of the buddha that attends to the analysis of motorcycles is to miss the buddha entirely."
-Robert Pirsig

Bixxer Bob

Yup, one's tank vent the other is water drain.  If you use the search button I did a thread a long time ago on cleaning it out.
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...