News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Help needed. Renthal 43 tooth rear sprocket required

Started by Tigertriple, September 11, 2011, 01:36:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

Does anyone know a UK  based supplier of Renthal sprockets. I have had a look online but cannot find any suppliers of  43 tooth Renthal rear sprockets to fit a 2006 955

At present I am running with a 19 front and 46 rear as I don't do a lot of motorway riding this set up is not so good. I'm considering changing to a 19 front and 43 rear as opposed to the standard set up of 18 & 46.

Any help or advice appreciated
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

peds

http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products/001 ... =25&pt=113

Try this link mate..... I think you will find what you are looking for!!  :D
"I\'d rather be riding my motorcycle thinking about God than sitting in church thinking about my motorcycle."

"Never ride faster than your guardian angel".

Tigertriple

Quote from: "peds"http://www.intobikes.co.uk/products/001310/004837/Renthal_Rear_Hard_Anodised_Alloy_Sprocket_suitable_for_Triumph_955i_Tiger_2006?mn=25&pt=113

Try this link mate..... I think you will find what you are looking for!!  :D

Cheers for that :D  They have what I'm looking for. I bought my existing chain and sprockets from them, but I couldn't remember the name of the company to look them up.

My memory loss is becoming a real problem  :wink: Need more sleep, but with the recent arrival of a new Baby Daughter that's not going to happen soon. :lol:  :lol:

metalguru

Quote from: "Tigertriple"At present I am running with a 19 front and 46 rear as I don't do a lot of motorway riding this set up is not so good. I'm considering changing to a 19 front and 43 rear as opposed to the standard set up

Are you sure you want to raise the gearing?
The set up you are looking at will give lower revs for the same speed, ie motorway riding.

Congratulations big time on arrival of your new daughter.  :occasion14
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

Tigertriple

Quote from: "metalguru"
Quote from: "Tigertriple"At present I am running with a 19 front and 46 rear as I don't do a lot of motorway riding this set up is not so good. I'm considering changing to a 19 front and 43 rear as opposed to the standard set up

Are you sure you want to raise the gearing?
The set up you are looking at will give lower revs for the same speed, ie motorway riding.

Congratulations big time on arrival of your new daughter.  :occasion14

Thanks for the advice on the gearing. I'm trying to set the bike up for use mainly on twisties and B roads. As I mentioned I don't do a lot of motorway riding. I find the standard gearing ratio to be to close and like the set up with the 19 & 46 however, I find this set up to be a bit underpowered and would like to get somewhere in-between if that makes any sense. Any thoughts on what would be a good set up to try.

Also many thanks for your kind wishes  :D

metalguru

For more power try 18t front and 47t or 48t rear, it will rev hard though.

Alternatively try a modded map.
I have been doing a bit of work on a custom map for my 955 and with 19t front and 46t rear I have big trouble keeping the front on the ground on the twisties and A roads but still keeping the economy for motorways.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "Tigertriple"My memory loss is becoming a real problem  :wink: Need more sleep, but with the recent arrival of a new Baby Daughter that's not going to happen soon. :lol:  :lol:

You do remember yer Tiggers for sale  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,10096

stop blamin the new baby, its an age thing !!  :lol:  :lol:

KK

ps congrats on the new arrival  :occasion14
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

Tigertriple

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"
Quote from: "Tigertriple"My memory loss is becoming a real problem  :wink: Need more sleep, but with the recent arrival of a new Baby Daughter that's not going to happen soon. :lol:  :lol:

You do remember yer Tiggers for sale  :shock:  :lol:  :lol:

http://tigertriple.com/forum/index.php/topic,10096

stop blamin the new baby, its an age thing !!  :lol:  :lol:

KK

ps congrats on the new arrival  :occasion14

Thanks KK. Aye so it is.  :shock:  As there has been no interest in my Tigger I have decided to start using it again. I updated my ad today so it's still for sale but with all the farkles back on it.

May as well have some fun as the Winter is not far away now.

metalguru

Knew I had seen it somewhere, have a look in here.

http://www.gearingcommander.com/
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
1993 DR200
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
2 Crossers