News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

I presume its got less reserve...

rf9rider

Looking at the tubes, the new tap is roughly 2/3rds the size of the Steamer tap, i was going to measure them both but forgot before i fitted it :oops:
So it`s probably got 1/3rd less miles on reserve?
To be honest, i`m just happy to have cured the leaky tap with a fairly cheap fix!  :lol:
And it`s not very often i ride it on reserve, i`m too old to be pushing this to the nearest fuel station

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "rf9rider"Looking at the tubes, the new tap is roughly 2/3rds the size of the Steamer tap, i was going to measure them both but forgot before i fitted it :oops:
So it`s probably got 1/3rd less miles on reserve?
To be honest, i`m just happy to have cured the leaky tap with a fairly cheap fix!  :lol:
And it`s not very often i ride it on reserve, i`m too old to be pushing this to the nearest fuel station

I don't understand how the tube length makes any difference. Seems like it's going in the wrong direction? Can someone explain it?
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Mustang

when you are on main the fuel goes thru the filter on the brass tube .when the level of the fuel gets to the same height as the tube you need to switch to reserve .
reserve setting gets the fuel thru the filter to the left of the pipe .
the shorter the pipe is the less gas you will have in the bottom of tank for reserve ' :wink:
the outlet tube on the bottom vs the yammie tap out the right side makes no difference

Colonel Nikolai

Everything makes sense but it seems odd.

You'd think there would be a wall in the tank that only goes partially up from the bottom. One side of the wall would be main, the other would be reserve. You could mix them up if you tipped the bike over, but otherwise, no tubes would be required just a hole, one on one side of the wall, one on the other.

That's how I always thought main and reserve worked.
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

rf9rider

Things coming along slowly.
Got some bits back from the powdercoaters, front fairing and clock frames, sump guard and plate, Trophy fork bottoms and the old blue  3 spoke wheels that i fitted to my number 1 Steamer before i fitted the 6 spoke Trident wheels.

rf9rider

I`ve started work on the front wheel, replaced all the bearings and dust seals, just waiting for some new brake discs.
Rear wheel is next, bearings etc are here, and a new disc arrived this morning, along with all new bushes and seals for the forks.
Going to be a busy weekend in the workshop  :lol:

rybes

ooo shiney bits. whered ya get ya powder coatin done ? i like the look of that silver ya got there. how much was that lot ? got everythin i need now for my swap over well, apart from yokes.  :roll:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Local firm called Fentec doing the powdercoating, all the bits pictured plus yokes which i have to collect at the weekend cost me £100 cash.
Decided on the silver forks as i didn`t want too much black, and it sort of matches the swing arm.
So whats the story with your yokes?

rybes

ive got  a set but cant remeber what there off of and as ther in england i cant go see what they look like. just missed a speed triple top yoke on ebay. waitin to hear back from rob to find out what yokes they are.

Bob Tosi

nice looking work. good job.
Don't ever sell a Steamer !Steamers Rule!"

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "rf9rider"Local firm called Fentec doing the powdercoating, all the bits pictured plus yokes which i have to collect at the weekend cost me £100 cash.
Decided on the silver forks as i didn`t want too much black, and it sort of matches the swing arm.
So whats the story with your yokes?

Does that price include blasting them first or did you get that done elsewhere?
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rf9rider

Includes blasting as well.
To be honest, they are not up to show standard, but for the price, i`m happy.
I had to do a little cleaning up on a a few of the parts where they hadn`t masked up properly, but a few minutes with the dremmel is no problem.  :lol:

rf9rider

A little more done today on the rear wheel.
New bearings, dust seals, new brake disc,new stainless polished disc bolts and some new stainless sprocket nuts.
New sprocket should be delivered next week, then time to get the tyres fitted.  :)

rybes

ere, did you take those pics at my parents house. that looks like their consevatory :lol: