News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

oh cheers   :roll:   i think to save meself from that fate, ill make a pictoral instruction manual on how to do it. then if it goes wrong. well, aint my fault  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Had a quick look for fittings, only one place shows a price, £17 for each fitting  :shock:

Didn`t realise stainless steel was so expensive  :lol:

Have to do a bit more searching

rf9rider

Well, bit the bullet and ordered some 45 degree fittings for the brake hoses.
Finally got round to moving the fuse box, just need to make sure its as far back as possible for the seat to fit, but allowing yourself room to remove the top.

rf9rider

Started to fit a few more things, mirrors and handguards on.

rybes

ooooooooooo lookin like its nearly finished   :D

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"ooooooooooo lookin like its nearly finished   :D

Getting there slowly mate  :)

Just need to make up some exhaust hanger brackets, Bixer Bob has made me some spacers, he`s delivering them tomorrow.

Need to sort out the rear brake, needs some parts powdercoating before i can do that job.

Sending the seat off to have it rebuilt Corbin style.

Carbs to remove and clean, valve check to do, get the spare panels and tank resprayed and it`s about done  :lol:

rybes

not much at all then really  :lol:

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"not much at all then really  :lol:

Naaah, not really.
Done most of the donkey work, mostly cosmetic now.

Still got to clean up Steamer 1 ready to sell it.  :cry:

intotheabis

Let me know if you are interested in selling the engine guards.
Thanks
Intotheabis

rf9rider

Quote from: "intotheabis"Let me know if you are interested in selling the engine guards.
Thanks

I think you`re number 5 on the waiting list for the crash bars mate!  :lol:

And speaking of the crash bars, here`s what i did today..................

Fitted them!

Pretty straightforward, although i had to elongate the bolt hole where they fit onto the right hand footrest hanger.

Crap pics, need new batteries i think  :lol:

rf9rider

And finally for today, had a visitor bearing gifts  :D

Bixer Bob turned up on his Tiger to deliver some spacers he made up for me, for the exhaust hanger brackets i`m having to make.
Thanks mate, appreciate it, hope you got home ok and didn`t get TOO cold  :lol:

Bixxer Bob

Nah, I was  dressed for it. Roads were very slippery though, I was glad to get back in one piece.

Got home just after dark. The tweeks I did to my Girly lights to try to illuminate  more than the 6 feet in front of the wheel only served to make her cross-eyed. Effing Haynes manual has the adjusters labelled wrong :BangHead

Thanks for the lock. As I explained, if I can source the parts through the trade, I can then offer a refurb service .
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Might be your camera sensor is picking up on the shiney white mudguard  :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Might be your camera sensor is picking up on the shiney white mudguard  :wink:

Don`t know mate, battery indicator was right down.
Think i`ll stick to taking pics during daylight hours  :lol:

rf9rider

Not much to report, new pads and stainless brake pins are fitted, decided against the new  fittings for the Goodridge hoses, those have been sold, and i`ve ordered some Venhill front lines instead, should be here at the end of the week.
Picking up the exhaust brackets i`m having cut out on Tuesday.  :)