News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"
Quote from: "rf9rider"...Just need to arrange for the mobile tyre fitter to come and fit and balance the tyres....

Nick from Folksworth by any chance?

Yup, good bloke  :)

rf9rider

Got an early finish from work today, so off out into the garage.
Started to strip the front  end off ready for the new forks and to see how bad the clock frame was broken, as the clocks and front fairing were jumping around a little over the bumps  :lol:

Here`s what i found, frame was broken into three pieces, someone had attempted a "bodge", fitting a piece of metal rod into the hollow ends of two of the pieces.

rf9rider

I`ve got another frame ready to fit, freshly powdercoated.
Nearly there, everythings stripped off, just have to remove the wheel, yokes and forks in the morning.

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

A little more done over the weekend, as had other family things going on.
I built the Tiger stanchions into the Trophy lowers, and took apart an old pair of Daytona forks apart and used the top adjusters from those.
The damping adjuster screws do nothing, as the Daytona innards are totally different and too short, although the spring preload adjusters will work, just need to sort a spacer to fit between the spring and adjuster bottom inside the fork, but leaving that for now as i just want to get the forks on and the bike off the axle stands :lol:

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Looking good  8)

Cheers mate  :)

rf9rider

A little more done.
Got the newly powdercoated front fairing frame fitted and got the yokes on, with new bearings and got the ignition switch fitted
Getting there slowly  :lol:

rybes

thats startin to look good mate. do us a favor ? as ya near completin it can ya not post any more pics up. all my stuffs in england and im startin to get jealous  :lol:  you dont wanna make me cry now do ya ?  :cry:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"thats startin to look good mate. do us a favor ? as ya near completin it can ya not post any more pics up. all my stuffs in england and im startin to get jealous  :lol:  you dont wanna make me cry now do ya ?  :cry:

Think of it as some inspiration for you  :lol:

rf9rider

Sorry Rybes but....................................

New fork gaiters arrived this morning so i could get the forks fitted.

rf9rider

The extra height with the Daytona fork top adjusters mean the bars are close to them, but i`ve got a set of 30mm risers to cure that to be fitted.

rf9rider

I`ve also fitted another top yoke under the bottom yoke, this is to fit the Acerbis high mudguard, as unlike the Steamer yoke, there`s no mounting holes in the bottom Legend TT yoke, easiest way i could think of.

rybes

Quote from: "rf9rider"Sorry Rybes but....................................

sorry my arse  :cry:  :cry:  

lookin good tho mate  8)   :cry:  :cry:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"
Quote from: "rf9rider"Sorry Rybes but....................................

sorry my arse  :cry:  :cry:  

lookin good tho mate  8)   :cry:  :cry:

Don`t be looking here tomorrow, i`m getting the tyres fitted and the wheels will be going on........... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

rf9rider

Fitted the 30mm SW Motech risers tonight, gives a lot more clearance between the bars and top fork adjusters.
Might get them powdercoated black later on.