News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

I bought another one!

Started by rf9rider, September 18, 2011, 02:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruKen

That is taking shape nicely. I had my doubts from your initial example photo but yer winning me over big style.  :D

rf9rider

Quote from: "BruKen"That is taking shape nicely. I had my doubts from your initial example photo but yer winning me over big style.  :D

Appreciate the positive comments  :)

rf9rider

And here`s one for Rybes, look what i bought today....................

:pottytrain2

rf9rider

And finished cleaning/degreasing ready for new sprocket.

Now just got to find my 6 foot breaker bar to get the sprocket nut off  :lol:

rybes

Quote from: "rf9rider"And here`s one for Rybes, look what i bought today....................

:pottytrain2

reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Got the new sprocket on, new chain arrives Monday and just waiting for my  torque wrench back from a mate to finish that little job

rf9rider

Sorted the front fender,  used another Trophy top yoke, drilling the holes further back, happy now with the way it looks.

rf9rider

And finally for today, i replaced the rear undertray, previous owner had cut the back down and  looked terrible, so got another original, unmolested one off Ebay for 99p !  Got a bargain for a change!
Cleaned the backend up a bit before i fitted it

rybes

thats lookin nice mate. but i still dont like ya  :wink:  :lol:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

rf9rider

Quote from: "rybes"thats lookin nice mate. but i still dont like ya  :wink:  :lol:

:wave  :love10

Sin_Tiger

Are you going to reposition the fusebox and chop the sprocket cover? Two jobs I want to do, interested in the different approaches.

:new_popcornsmiley
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

I had thought about the sprocket cover mod, but a lot of work seeing as  probably would do an oil change once a year and sprockets will last maybe two as i don`t do a lot of high mileage, but maybe that will change once it`s finished, maybe a job for the future?
I had thought of moving the fuse box as i can see changing a fuse would be awkward where it is now.
Still got a lot of jobs that need doing first  :lol:

rf9rider

Got the headers off today, cleaned up and sprayed them.

rf9rider

Cleaned up the underside of motor and changed the oil filter

rf9rider

And with the original headers off, i finally got around to trying the 3-1 headers i bought a while ago.