News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Motegi MotoGP

Started by Advwannabe, September 27, 2011, 02:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Advwannabe

Is on this weekend.

After all the posturing the main players are going. Big surprise there  :roll:

I remember a discusion I had with Happy man a few years back on here where we were disussing Casey Stoner's surly and generally bad attitude, but that the kid was very very fast. It think it was at the end of the 2008 season.

Has anything changed? He's still pretty surly when he doesn't win.

He's still bloody fast and odds on to collect his second title this year.

I've noticed however that he now gives credit where it's due. At Misano instead of blaming someone else he congratulated Jorge on a great ride ( it was).

Could have knocked me down with a feather. I think its easier for him to acknowledge riders whose names don't end in -ossi or something

Yeah I know I'm a proud aussie. I'm amazed by his ability, less so by his personal skills, but I think, slowly, they are improving. What do you yanks and poms and latin blokes reckon? Any difference?
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

Chris Canning

Discussion's on racing with people who own Triumph tigers is a bit of an oddity or are the owners a bit of an oddity!!

I'd never venture an opinion unless you've met e'm away from a bike,I've met Stoney when working,yea sure I'm old enough to be his dad so there was bound to be some respect,down to earth and no BS and the same goes for his other half,he doesn't suffer fools gladly which in my book is a plus,the fact that he has managed to raise the bar with the best bike is pretty impressive.

I still remember me pushing the bike and him carrying the paddock stand and the two luvvies taking photo's are asking him if he doesn't mind carrying the stand and he's looking at me with a WTF look on his face,he's a good kid.

Oh and while were on racing came back from the Le-Mans 24 hour last night,only saw two 955 tigers all weekend,and neither was mine.

JetdocX

I think that Ducati wishes they had him instead of Rossi. :lol:

All that posturing about nuclear fallout was total whiney assed bullshit, IMO.  Who do they think they are, F1 drivers?

I'm liking WSB better than MotoGP this year. :roll:
From parts unknown.

Nick Calne

Motogp?  I haven't enjoyed all the whinging about Simoncelli.  I haven't liked Lorenzo's attitude, Pedrosa's a miserable runt and Stoner's just too damn fast for the good of the sport.  Prefer 'a race' to watching Stoner vanish at warp speed into the distance.

Love it though....
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Chris Canning

Strange year for us,we could go and not have to pay,went to Jerez and the plan was to go to a couple of others Valencia being the last but changed our minds over the Le-Mans weekend,oh yes the politics of Moto GP,actually saw Bixxer at Silverstone this year,but regardless of the actual racing,they are craftsmen at the top of their game.

oxnsox

Quote from: "Chris Canning"......but regardless of the actual racing,they are craftsmen at the top of their game.
Amen to that
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Advwannabe

Yep they are pretty impressive all the way down the grid.

Thanks Chris, good to hear. He has certainly made people who previously doubted his ability eat their words since he joined Honda
No good deed goes unpunished
02 Tigger
02 Blackbird
75 GT380
IBA #33180

NKL

Not as gifted as they used to be, ditch traction control, that will get the 'gifted' to the top again.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100