News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

ATGATT unless you're a millionaire dimwit

Started by Tigertriple, September 27, 2011, 11:30:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tigertriple

The expression more money than sense was never more apt

Check out this article about David Beckham and his bike. No I don't mean Posh :roll:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... Obama.html
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

oxnsox

At the very least the gear change would have made his  suede shoes look very unmatched.

But personally it's your choice what you wear and ride in. There is more than enough information about what one should wear, how it should be worn, and how you'll end up if you choose to go down to the shops in your flipflops and shorts and have an off.

We don't need to regulate or castigate for individual choice or stupity
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tigertriple

Quote from: "oxnsox"At the very least the gear change would have made his  suede shoes look very unmatched.

But personally it's your choice what you wear and ride in. There is more than enough information about what one should wear, how it should be worn, and how you'll end up if you choose to go down to the shops in your flipflops and shorts and have an off.

We don't need to regulate or castigate for individual choice or stupity

I agree. It makes no odds to me what people choose to wear when biking as it's their skin and bones at risk. It's sad to see the example that is being set by such a high profile person who rightly or wrongly will influence some people to risk their skin by following his example.

I wouldnt wish it on anyone, but maybe a spill would make him more aware of why protective gear is worth choosing over comfort and a perceived sense of style.

Time for me to put the soap box away again  :lol:

Colonel Nikolai

The truly pinheaded thing about this poseur is that he's a pro athlete of the highest caliber. I would think that alone would induce him to take his body, ie his earning capacity, a bit more seriously and put on some decent gear.

And what would be better to wear a set of awesome Belstaff leathers (with CE2-approved armor inserts) on that wonderful olde T-Bird! What, it's not like he couldn't have afforded it. Nitwit.

http://www.belstaff-jackets-sale.com/be ... p-272.html
Mostly commuting around town on the Steamer these days.

Mustang

Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"............... on that wonderful olde T-Bird!

ummmm thats not a thunderchicken

looks like old harley to me  :wink:

Colonel Nikolai

Misread the article: it's some kind of retro faux-vintage machine. Probably a Confederate?

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Mustang"
Quote from: "Colonel Nikolai"............... on that wonderful olde T-Bird!

ummmm thats not a thunderchicken

looks like old harley to me  :wink:

Believe it or not his bike is brand new and was custom built. As far as I know it's got a Harley motor. Each to their own but this in my opinion is a fooking hideous bike. Would not look out of place in a scrap yard. There are not many bikes I would say that about.  :shock:

Colonel Nikolai

Quote from: "Tigertriple"As far as I know it's got a Harley motor

You're right: it's a WWII era Harley Davidson Knucklehead engine. Leaked oil like sieves.

blacktiger

2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

Bixxer Bob

I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mustang

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"Wot?
hi bob
there's a couple other "new members" I got my eye on too .............

check this ones profile .........
<clicky>

Sin_Tiger

It's probably David Beckham, now that we've upset him   :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"It's probably David Beckham, now that we've upset him   :wink:

Heres a few words from David