News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Stafford Classic Bike Show

Started by Chris Canning, October 12, 2011, 08:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Canning

For any UK midlanders and in BB's case further afield the Stafford Classic show is on this weekend from tools to modern day,but if you go in a car expect a long queue if you go saturday morning,and be prepared to walk alot there's plenty yo see.

Timbox2

As you know Chris, Im there Saturday, via your gaff.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Up early for Moto GP practice and in all day.

Chris Canning

Any preferance on cream cakes?? as you know a nuc bomb could be dropped,but wouldn't stop the ritual of cream cakes and coffee on a sat morn :D

Timbox2

Quote from: "Chris Canning"Any preferance on cream cakes?? as you know a nuc bomb could be dropped,but wouldn't stop the ritual of cream cakes and coffee on a sat morn :D

Just got back from a midnight callout, hmmm, cake, not fussy mate.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Just in from setting up,were the hell do folk store this stuff  :shock: ,and the weather looks OK.

Bixxer Bob

That's what I like about the Stafford show, miles of unusual junk to look at  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Timbox2

Quote from: "Bixxer Bob"That's what I like about the Stafford show, miles of unusual junk to look at  :lol:

And a fair few unusual folk :lol:
2016 Tiger Sport

Timbox2

Jeez, talk about busy, but according to Chris' mates, they werent spending. Lots of old tat as usual, but loads of memories too. Spotted an old 900 Injection Tiger for sale, marked up as a 955i as usual.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bixxer Bob

After a 6.45am chilly, foggy start I was ready for a warm and a coffee at my mate Steve's near Huntingdon. 60 miles down 85 to go.  By 8.30 the sun had come out and we made good errrrr spirited progress to Chris C's arriving at around 9.40.  More coffee was taken along with some tasty toasted fruit bread (thanks June) while we gave Chris a good listening to then off on the last 25 miles to the show.  as Tim says, loads of tat, not such big crowds and more concours Suzuki kettles than you could shake a stick at.  Did a bit of shopping, as you do, then off on another progressive ride home landing at around 5.30pm. A sound day out, 340 miles covered and a big thanks to Chris and June for their hospitality :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Chris Canning

Your welcome, and glad you got home OK,having had 10 hours there friday setting up,rolled up yesterday afternoon couple more hours looking at stuff that had turned up late,an hour to load and we were gone well before 5 with usual 'How much is this' when your chucking stuff in the van and want to go home  :roll:

Not one of our best shows for takings,think most folks hobby at the mo is paying the mortgage!! :D

Just miffed there was a monkey bike in Bonhams auction with 20% buyers fee as well things can get silly,didn't bother!!! it made less than grand  :oops: bugger.

Bixxer Bob

I thought most of the "classic" junk was way overpriced; just goes to show how much sellers think a rust bucket is worth to a restorer.  On the other hand, I saw a 650 Kwak that had been resonably well restored and he wanted £5000 for it.  I suggested it was badly overpriced and his comeback was "that's what it cost to do".  He's missed the point, whether it be restoring a bike or building a kit car, you can never sell it for what you spent; it simply doesn't work like that.