News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Anybody used a motorcycle lift on their Girly?

Started by DKWrider, October 17, 2011, 02:21:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DKWrider

I bought a motorcycle lift to allow me to work on the bike with both wheels off.  I can position the lift so one side goes under the center stand but the other end appears to be going to contact the pipes or oil filter.  Looks like the only way to lift it without damaging the pipes is to remove them.  Anybody had success using a motorcycle lift on their Girly?
2000 Lightning Yellow Tiger

Putts255

If you do a search I believe someone built (welded) a stand of sorts that goes on top of your lift but has 4 adjustable screws with large flat washers welded on which are strategically placed to fit directly under the motor around the muffler.  

If it is not on this site try the Triumphrat site.  I know I have seen the post and the poster actually had a link to his personal site that showed what he built.  Looked really easy to build.  A few feet of ½" square tube cut so that you build a stretched "H" and 4 smaller pieces long enough to allow clearance of the muffler.  He welded nuts to the 4 pieces and then used a bolt with a welded washer on the top to allow for the slight differences in height where they met the motor.  

Good luck.
Father of 2, married 28 years to fantastic woman, lots of toys and still lots of dreams....

"You're never too old to learn new things."
_____
2001 Triumph Tiger - Black

PeteH

Try here -  http://silver-stripes.blogspot.com/  :D  loads of other good stuff too...
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

DKWrider

2000 Lightning Yellow Tiger

TigerTrax

slip a short piece of 2 x 4 wood on one side of the lift...
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'

jwray76

Quote from: "TigerTrax"slip a short piece of 2 x 4 wood on one side of the lift...

yeah if you don't have welding/fabricating abilities doing something like this and using the ratcheting tie-downs with the lift will usually take care of you. Now that you mention it I am not sure that I have used my lift on the Tiger yet, but I know this method worked for me on some other bikes with low slung exhaust.

TigerTrax

I find that having a 2 x 4, a couple 4 x 4 or 4 x 6, and a 2 x6 around,
always comes in handy.
\'Life\'s A Journey ..... Don\'t Miss A Turn\'