News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

This followed me home today....

Started by NeilD, October 22, 2011, 05:05:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NeilD

P1020145 by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

testrode an 800 at the beginnign of this year and was a bit disapointed with wind blast etc so held off from buying one and went for a 955i instead.. However whilst the Girly was having some work done, I had an 800 (this one!) as a loan bike, but this time it had the higher screen and the seat was in the 'low' position.. that combination seems to improve things for me, so today ended up p/xing the 955i for this...   :D

obligatory 'at the beach' shot..

P1020131a by GUZZINEIL, on Flickr

BONANZA

Not jealous at all Neil :lol:  Nice bike.
Will
05 Tiger
95 Speed Triple

Nick Calne

:eusa_clap

Delighted for you Neil!  Looks ace!
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

John Stenhouse

Looks nice in that colour
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

Sin_Tiger

Excellent, congratulations 8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

NeilD

yes I like the colour too, although t'other half has already named it orville, after the furry green duck of the same name  :D

blacktiger

Get some semi-knobblies (Heidenau K60 Scouts) on it and you can do the off-road ride at next years Tiger meet. :P
Congrats Neil.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

97steamer

Hi guys, I'm thinking about adding an 800 XC to my collection. I've sat on one but not sorted a test ride yet. May I ask please;

1) At what sort of revs does the XC cruise at 70mph - I'm guessing about 5K? Any idea of fuel economy on a run at that speed?

2) How stable is it with the Triumph boxes on the side and how are they for capacity/loading/mounting etc?

3) I do my own servicing mainly. How easy (or not) is an XC to work on?

I currently use my Pan European for extended, high speed A route trips to Europe and my Steamer for winter/commuting/local trips but I'm thinking about an XC for doing more sedate touring in wilder parts.

Any advice/guidance

blacktiger

Quote from: "97steamer"Hi guys, I'm thinking about adding an 800 XC to my collection. I've sat on one but not sorted a test ride yet. May I ask please;

1) At what sort of revs does the XC cruise at 70mph - I'm guessing about 5K? Any idea of fuel economy on a run at that speed?

2) How stable is it with the Triumph boxes on the side and how are they for capacity/loading/mounting etc?

3) I do my own servicing mainly. How easy (or not) is an XC to work on?

I currently use my Pan European for extended, high speed A route trips to Europe and my Steamer for winter/commuting/local trips but I'm thinking about an XC for doing more sedate touring in wilder parts.

Any advice/guidance

1)yes, around 5K and it'll do around 55UKmpg at that speed on level ground.

2) Don't have Triumph boxes but use Givi E36 and they don't affect it too much.

3) No different to any other bike. Most service bits like oil filter and brake pads can be sourced from various dealers because they're the same as used on Jap bikes.

As for touring. Here's my RR on this years tour http://tigertriple.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 6719#76719
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.