News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New to the forum

Started by mnbiker-junkie, October 26, 2011, 04:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnbiker-junkie

:D Hi guys-  I'm new to the forum and recently purchased an 07 Tiger, scorched yellow.  I'm also a new rider.  Anybody on the forum from the northwest?  I am located in Tacoma, Washington.  I really love the bike and am looking forward to some great riding in between the rain we often have during the next 4 months.  Last year was 9 months of weather where the temp did not get above 70F.  Fun stuff

Thanks

aeronca

welcome aboard 8)  bought that thing just in time for some nice winter rainy riding. :lol:
Steamers Rule!!!
It's Tire, not Tyre

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!

Nick Calne

Never above 70F? Raining all the time?  Sounds like Scotland!

Welcome abroad.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "nickcalne"Never above 70F? Raining all the time?  Sounds like Scotland!

Welcome abroad.

Ahem!
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tigertriple

Welcome aboard. Only 9 months of bad weather :shock: The last warm Summer in Scotland that I can remember was in 1976 and I didn't have a bike then :lol:

Have fun and stay safe :D
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Sin_Tiger

Quote from: "Tigertriple"Welcome aboard. Only 9 months of bad weather :shock: The last warm Summer in Scotland that I can remember was in 1976 and I didn't have a bike then :lol:

I didn't have a bike then either, but only because a hit run twat knocked me off my BSA C15 one rainy Glasgow nigh and more or less wrote it off  :cry:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Tigertriple

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"
Quote from: "Tigertriple"Welcome aboard. Only 9 months of bad weather :shock: The last warm Summer in Scotland that I can remember was in 1976 and I didn't have a bike then :lol:

I didn't have a bike then either, but only because a hit run twat knocked me off my BSA C15 one rainy Glasgow nigh and more or less wrote it off  :cry:

BSA C15 that's a blast from the past. A mate of mine restored one in 1978 as his first road bike. It was the dogs bollocks but wouldn't pull the skin of a custard.

He put a set of wide bars on it and painted it Chrysler claret metallic red. The paint he found in a local dump which resulted in him getting the piss taken for a long time.

Scots, frugal or what :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

A C15 would be worth a few quid these days.
2006, 955 Tiger Caspian blue with lot\'s of juicy extras

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"....and more or less wrote it off  :cry:

So for insurance purposes it was a write-off but you rebuilt it when you got the cash eh?  :lol:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Sadly I was due to go back to sea, so I sold it on to a mate after getting out of the hospital where they sewed up my right knee. Army surplus trousers didn't have kevlar in those days. Rode to the hospital in 2nd gear after managing to kick it propped against a lampost, not the most sulubrious area of Glasgow  :wink: