News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

brake pads

Started by rybes, September 11, 2011, 01:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rybes

i know ebc HH pads are the best but whats next best ? reason i ask is, i dont wanna go spendin money on a set of pads that will only be in a few more weeks. got a 3 spoke conversion to do and ill save HHs for that. dont wanna go buy cheapys and not stop with pillion and luggage on board ya see :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

Quote from: "rybes"i know ebc HH pads are the best but whats next best ? reason i ask is, i dont wanna go spendin money on a set of pads that will only be in a few more weeks. got a 3 spoke conversion to do and ill save HHs for that. dont wanna go buy cheapys and not stop with pillion and luggage on board ya see :wink:
are you changin the brake calipers when you do the three spoke wheels ?otherwise use the hh pads now and they will work fine with the three spokes

rybes

yeah i am mustang. got some 4 pot ones comin with a loada bits off Rob. unless they fit them ?

Mustang

over here I can get EBC HH from a guy on ebay for 19 dollars a set .......cheap enough IMHO!

your pads cant make it a couple more weeks till you change to 3 spokes ?

rybes

nah,i got bout 4mm left on em  :(  was lookin at those goldfen ones but think someone on here said they were crap ?

Bixxer Bob

Erm,  isn't 4mm about half a pad??
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

rybes

yeah i spose it is  :lol:  nevermind, i got loads left then   :)

garrett

Where are you guys buying brake pads?  $33 shipped for EBC rear pads on eBay.  Bike Bandit listing for rears is no longer.  Thanks in advance.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRIUMPH- ... 4aaf390c71
www.overlandexperts.com

1996 Triumph Tiger
2000 BMW 1150 GS Adventure
2005 KTM 950 Adventure

rybes

i ended up puttin those goldfren in mine. went to the mot and got told theyd need changin. when i got the pads out what was left of the linin drop off the backin plate  :shock:
they dont seem to bad but they wernt impressed with a lot of up n down hill ridin the other weekend. they tended to fade quick. otherwise for normalish ridin they are fine.

Mustang

Quote from: "garrett"Where are you guys buying brake pads?  $33 shipped for EBC rear pads on eBay.  Bike Bandit listing for rears is no longer.  Thanks in advance.  

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/TRIUMPH- ... 4aaf390c71
you aint looking hard enough

This guy is a great seller used him before
he has the 215's also
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 1423.l2649

garrett

Thanks.  I shot him a message as I didn't see 215s listed.  

Even cheaper for EBC.  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Front-br ... 56462b407b
www.overlandexperts.com

1996 Triumph Tiger
2005 KTM 950 Adventure

garrett

What is the difference between the 215 and 214s?  

I bought a set that were suppose to be rears, but they sent me FA 196 (these are for later Tigers I think).  The 215s went on easy peasy.
www.overlandexperts.com

1996 Triumph Tiger
2005 KTM 950 Adventure

Mustang

Quote from: "garrett"What is the difference between the 215 and 214s?  

I bought a set that were suppose to be rears, but they sent me FA 196 (these are for later Tigers I think).  The 215s went on easy peasy.

214 and 215 are left and right for front

technically the 215 for the rear is a 215/2 it has a little thinner brake lining

you can use a plain 215 on the rear easy enuff also

garrett

Yeah I was a little confused when I got the 215s.  Since I got the wrong pads for the rear, I tossed the 215s on the back and then wondered why I didn't get more sets of them.  haha
www.overlandexperts.com

1996 Triumph Tiger
2005 KTM 950 Adventure