News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

My chain shouldn't be hitting my exhaust... right?

Started by wakdady, October 31, 2011, 08:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakdady

Are the sliders so worn that this could be happening?
Or does the slack need tightened?

(image embed fail. but im sure you can figure it out, lol)

As for the slack, i'm not sure. because i figured a bike with so much suspension travel should have more slack.

please advise

Mustang

1st pic looks like your exhaust is out of position , like pushed in towards the chain too much , but after looking at your second pic the rub block is shot beyond use and you should be hearing a clicking sound as the links rub over the steel tab that the rub block is molded to .
when the rub block is as far gone as yours is chain adjustment becomes very hard to accomplish .

good  adjustment on steamers you need about 1 1/4 inch to 1 1/2 inch slack when the bike is sitting on sidestand with no weight on it .

wakdady

Mustang to the rescue!!
thanks 'stang!

The left exhaust is pushed in a bit from the PO. I'll order the parts from bikebandit and follow the DIY you so nicely put together.

Sin_Tiger

:shock:  get your slider replaced before it starts eating your swing arm, don't ask me why I know  :roll:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint