News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Hepco Bekker Crash Bars

Started by rf9rider, November 01, 2011, 01:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rf9rider

Looking at the bag of nuts and bolts i got with the crash bars, i see a big round spacer.
Anyone know whereabouts its used?
Instructions don`t seem to show where it goes?

Mustang

I don't know if these are hepco bars but if memory serves me right  it goes on the right bottom mount where the bar attaches to the footpeg bracket , I seem to recall a spacer there like you describe

Noddyhd

Hi guys.  :)

rf9rider, can you do me a favor, please.

Can you measure the bar that goes across the front of the engine and joins the two halfs of the engine bars together, the set I have is missing the fitting kit and the cross bar, to buy it costs 49 euro's!!! from Germany.

Can you  measure the bar from hole centre to hole centre, and the length of the 'bent' ends with the hole it. I should be able to make the missing bar, also the spacer you menitioned, would you be kind enough to measure that as well.

Thanks.  :)
\'98 Steamer in BRG.
\'81 HD Wideglide.
\'85 HD Wideglide.
\'74 GT750 \'Kettle\'

rf9rider

Thanks Mustang, yup, those are the ones.

Noddy, i`ll measure the bar and spacer in the morning and let you know.

rf9rider

Here ya go Noddy

Bar and spacer

Spacer is 15mm thick, outer diameter 25mm, inner hole is 9mm.

Bar is 430mm long, hole to hole is 414mm, 15mm wide, the bent part is 15mm long, and the bar is 5mm thick.
Anything else just ask  :)

Sin_Tiger

Who hasn't gotten around to fitting their's yet   :wink:
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Noddyhd

...thanks rf9rider, your help is much appricated. Time to make the missing bits.
\'98 Steamer in BRG.
\'81 HD Wideglide.
\'85 HD Wideglide.
\'74 GT750 \'Kettle\'

rf9rider

Quote from: "Noddyhd"...thanks rf9rider, your help is much appricated. Time to make the missing bits.

No worries, glad to help.

rf9rider

Quote from: "Sin_Tiger"Who hasn't gotten around to fitting their's yet   :wink:

Can`t fit mine yet as i`m taking the headers off to spray them, then the new paint job, then i can fit them  :)