News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

FS: Project Girly in MD **SOLD**

Started by Scratch, November 11, 2011, 11:21:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratch

Need a winter project?   How about getting a lightly-abused 2004 Tiger 955i back on the road?

For sale by my girlfriend Tammy, who's the 2nd owner & an adventurous Lady Traveler.  She purchased the bike in mid-2007 from the original owner and friend, then farkled it out for our successful journey to Alaska, Yukon & NWT.  

In 2009, while we were en-route to Goose Bay she laid it down during a rainstorm on an infamous stretch of TransLab 'sugar sand', some klicks north of Manic 5.    The fairing (and the Lady) took the brunt of the impact and the bike slid on the left side.  The Lady & the Tiger were trailered back home.  Tammy's broken shoulder has mended nicely and her Tiger has resided at my residence ever since, awaiting rebirth.  To be honest I've been bugging her since 2009 to do something with it; now that she's possibly interested in a GS (like mine) to replace her trusty KLT, she's decided to finally uncover it, dust it off and see what she can get for it.

Current mileage is 27605.  The bike was tuned up @ 25K by Fredericktown Yamaha/Triumph, with valves checked/adjusted, new spark plugs, fuel connection recall & updated Triumph map.  The front end is okay; the subframe is good but rear fender is broken.  Cosmetic damage on the fuel tank, left side cover, left hand guard, various other scratches.  The battery was just charged & reinstalled this afternoon and the engine fired up readily with no problem.  All the gauges and the headlight work.

What it has:

-Stock side cases w/all mounting hardware
-Spare Gel Seat
-SW Motech Pannier mounts
-Afrika Singles Panniers w/Kolpin Fuel Pack Jr.
-TKC Knobbies with less than 1K use
-2 new tubes
-Spare clutch cable
-Handlebar Risers
-Replacement Fairing mounting Bracket
-Stock Windshield
-Radiator Guard
-Folding Highway Pegs

What it needs:

-Headlight Cowl
-Instrument Fascia
-Front Turn Signals
-Handlebar Mirror Mounts
-Front Turn Signal Mounts
-Rear Fender

Asking price for this project (or parts, as you prefer) bike is $1200.  Available for viewing in Annapolis, MD; can be delivered by trailer within a reasonable distance - say 100 miles or so.

Here's a link to a Flikr Photo set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/37559878@N ... 105530306/

PM me or email me at Scratch3386 'at' yahoo 'dot' com for questions/offers/etc.  

P.S. Not interested in trades, thanks.

Scratch

Well, that went quick - bike is SOLD.