News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Road tires for my 2005 955i Tiger

Started by Kraftsman 73, November 15, 2011, 05:37:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kraftsman 73

Greetings everyone,
Decided to mount dedicated road only tires on my '05 955i Tiger in lieu of a tire such as the Continental Trail Attack.  I don't see any off road riding next year.
So, would like to get some tire suggestions based on your experience with road only tires.  
Thanks in Advance,
Kraftsman 73

Mustang

search button.............. it works  :wink:

blacktiger

The only pure road tyres I've used on my Girly was an Avon Azzaro/Storm combination. They were fantastic. Rears lasted to 6K and the front went to 12K miles. British tyres on a British bike. Can't get better than that.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.

metalguru

Use Michelin Pilot Road on mine and have proved excellent in wet and dry.
2013 Explorer
2006 Rocket 3
2004 Tiger Lucifer Orange
2001 Adventurer. (Like new).
1993 DR200
1977 Kawa Z1000A1 (Had from new)
1972 BSA A65L
1960 Norman Nippy
1952 Royal Enfield Ensign MK1
2 Crossers
I may as well do it, as I'm gonna get blamed for it anyway.

NKL

Surely the Conti Trail Attack are dedicated road tires.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100

Timbox2

Quote from: "NKL"Surely the Conti Trail Attack are dedicated road tires.

My thoughts entirely, and in fact my favourite tyre on the Tiger, they are basically a Road Attack made to look a bit off road.
2016 Tiger Sport

Loops

I've run through a couple of sets of Bridgestone BT020 and found them great dry or wet.  Fun for track days too !  Lasted OK too, rear about 8k & fronts 12-14k.

Only problem was when I first got them fitted, I'd forget to let them warm up and hooning out the end of my road was a sideways experience :shock:

Note to self; be patient, good things come to those who wait

Never had this on the more off road tyres Metz, Pirelli etc just get out there and go for it!

Now I'm trying the Conti Trail Attacks because they were cheap and also I liked Contis on my old XJ900F, XS1100SF, XS1.1S.  they seem to suit heavier bikes.  Hated Contis on my CB500, they just wouldn't warm up.

Too early to say how good  bad the Trail Attacks are just yet but they do seem very pressure senstive, esp the front.  Just loose 5psi and you can feel a sort of vagueness out front.  Hasn't caused me any danger - it's like an early warning really.

Cheers

Loops
The more I drive the more I love my Tiger

1999 efi Tiger Yellow ~ 86k miles
2012 HD Electra Glide Classic ~ 40k miles
and Her 250 Rebel ~ 5k miles (and only did 16 miles last year!!)

Marc

I recently bought a set of Dulop sportmax Roadsmart, very good in wet and dry!
Tiger Explorer Graphite 2013
Bonneville SE 2010 (missus)
previous bikes:
   Tiger 955i Orange  2003
   BMW K1  1989
   Ducati 750S '72
   Matchless G80 '57
   Matchless G3L '39

daveb

I got a Metzeler tourance on the front, i dont like it, its a bit vague, but being tight i will run it until it needs replacing.

on ther rear I got anakee II, well recomend these. cant wait to put one on the front again.

Timbox2

Quote from: "Marc"I recently bought a set of Dulop sportmax Roadsmart, very good in wet and dry!

Didnt realise they did a 19" Front of these, but awesome tyres, just watch the drop in on the first few corners :shock:
2016 Tiger Sport

chairhead

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "NKL"Surely the Conti Trail Attack are dedicated road tires.

My thoughts entirely, and in fact my favourite tyre on the Tiger, they are basically a Road Attack made to look a bit off road.

couldnt agree more Tim,

had these on Tigger as a solo and loved em to bits,good and sticky in the twistys,great on long haul tarmac,did over 2k and still looked like i just put em on :D

for me a "highly reccomend tyre"
03 Girly Roulette Green with a Hedingham ETH
TOR can
Wilbers shock & wasp L/L forks
Taylormade Billet wheel

jphish

Not sure if Pilot Road 2s come in Tiger size, but got 13K mi out of a rear (not quite to wear bars) on my Uly. The dual compond tread is very good in rain & good stick in the turns. For handling / mileage a road tire - hard to beat.

jphish

Just checked - PR2 front does NOT come in a 955 tiger size...But PR3's DO! 110/80/19 & 150/70/17 - Perfect! I only have experience with the 2's - But 3's should do just as well. Maybe even better ??

PeteH

Quote from: "blacktiger"The only pure road tyres I've used on my Girly was an Avon Azzaro/Storm combination. They were fantastic.

I went from Azaro front and rear to Azaro/Storm, had one particular iffy ride in the wet and thought I had a flat rear, now running Tourance F & R and am more than happy with them :D
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

NKL

I used to love Anakee's until I put Trail Atacks on, now I don't like them. Went back to Anakee's for my Croatia trip (stella alpina on the way back) and really wished I hadn't. Put the conti's back on as soon as I got back.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100