News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

New memeber from South Oztralia

Started by Mossy, November 18, 2011, 07:14:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "Mossy"Crash bars have arrived, just need the bike to put between them now.
Cheers Mossy

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Mossy

Here's a pic of my new crash bars :D  :D  :D

Cheers Mossy
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1960 TR6 Trophy Scrambler
1953 Thunderbird Salt Lake Racer
1950 250 Excelsior Talisman Twin
1926 250 Levis

Sin_Tiger

I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

Mossy

Only 4 more sleeps, then I fly to Adelaide Friday morning where the Tiger is being delivered to a mates place. Then the 300km ride home. :D
I went to get it registered last week but because it is coming from interstate I have to have it inspected by the police ($55 fee  :x ) to make sure its not stolen. So to ride it home I had to get a permit for the day (another $55  :x ). On the permit I then have to list each road I will ride on because if I get stopped riding on a road not on the permit I will cop a fine  :x . Hopefully I will be home early enough to get it inspected and registered Friday  :D , otherwise we will have to spend all weekend sitting looking at it in the shed  :(
Cheers Mossy
PS also thought I would add my other bikes to the signature box.
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1926 250 Levis

NZDeano

Quote from: "Mossy"Here's a pic of my new crash bars :D  :D  :D

Cheers Mossy

Hey Mossy, I just got a 2003 Girly over here in NZ. Good move putting the crash bars on. Do you reckon the Thunderbike ones are the way to go, and what did they cost, and how long to deliver? They look absolutely agrucutural but f....n strong. Wish I had them on two nights ago when I decided to see if the rust on the bridge railing needed scraping off with my upperarm, left hand mirror and gear change lever. Fixed the lever, mirror is dangling on a branch caught up about 20 feet above stolen river and my arm is telling me its not happy until I take a pill the Doc gave me. Can you post up some photo's when you have them on and give us the low down?
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

John Stenhouse

OUCH! as we always say to anyone who'll listen, Tiggers like naps, get some crash bars.
Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

NZDeano

Quote from: "John Stenhouse"OUCH! as we always say to anyone who'll listen, Tiggers like naps, get some crash bars.

Tiggers in particular John??
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Mossy

G'day Deano

That does look a bit painful. I paid a bit over A$400 for the crash bars (whatever it is on the web site) which included postage and they arrived in about 6 days.
I fitted them yesterday, took about 1 3/4 hrs all up.
Contrary to the instructions, I started on the left side ( I'm a Fitter, always start with the hard bits so the job only gets easier).
This took about 1 1/4 hours for various reasons. First off the nuts on the top bolts are a bit harder to get to on this side. The coolant hose wasn't as much as a problem as I expected, though I did find the allen screws supplied were a bit long on the left and I had to cut about a 1/4" off the end. I also added a washer to each just to make sure the bolts weren't bottoming out in the thread. I also found it easier, through trial and error, to fit the front top bolt, then the bottom bolts and the top back bolt last.
After this the r/h side was easy and took about 30 minutes. The r/h side required the extra washers supplied between the engine case and crash bar and once again I also fitted a washer under the bolt head. This was enough that I didn't have to trim the bolts this side.
And while the instructionsalso say no beer, I found the l/h side required 1 Cider and the r/h side half a Cider  :D  :D
Cheers Mossy
PSI love the new Tiger  :D  :D  :D , I'll start a new post tomorrow with more details and pics
2004 Lucifer Orange 955
1926 250 Levis