News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Oil pressure and temp gauge?

Started by theclowncrusty, November 20, 2011, 02:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theclowncrusty

Hi, i have found this while surfing Ebay, any thoughts on installation at all? As i dont know where the pickups for the senders would go? I thought it would look good where the digital clock is at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Racetech-Mech ... 415f7f4ecd

Crusty

rybes

on a car youd put the sender between the block and oil pressure switch or do away with the pressure switch all together and just have the gauge. i aint too sure where you could plumb that in as youd end up with a bit stickin out oddly from the engine somewhere. the only place i can think of puttin the pipe from the gauage would be in the top bolt of the oil feed line from the block to the head. youd have to get the bolt drilled out and threaded to accept whatever thread the adaptor is. jus be careful you dont end up with a biglump of ugly stickin out somewhere  :wink:
reiberman reiberman rides his tiger as hard as he can (sung to spiderman tune)

Mustang

Quote from: "theclowncrusty"Hi, i have found this while surfing Ebay, any thoughts on installation at all? As i dont know where the pickups for the senders would go? I thought it would look good where the digital clock is at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Racetech-Mech ... 415f7f4ecd

Crusty
if you got a 98 the stock oil sender sits right behind the #3 cylinder and a tee fitting added will give you a place to hook oil pressure line . as well as keep the stock sender for light .

97 and back the sender is down next to the oil filter cover and there aint much room to put a tee fitting in

that gauge is pretty expensive ...........a 20 dollar autometer gauge works just fine .  and trust me if you get a gauge that only goes to 100 psi you will fuck it up as soon as you hit 5k rpm and higher on cold oil . you need a gauge that reads to at least 140 psi minimum .

oil temp is pretty useless gauge ,

theclowncrusty

Just a thought, i didnt realise that you needed such a high reading when you revd the bike up. Will just get a normal guage then. What have people done to replace the clock if oil gauge fitted in that hole?
My oil warning light sometimes works and sometimes not, that is why i wanted to change to a gauge.
Crusty