News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Wheels and tyres a 2 fold question.

Started by inchey, March 23, 2012, 01:34:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inchey

I have 2 questions,
1. What 17" wheels are a straight swap from the rest of the triumph ranges so i can supermotard my tigger for a better choice of sportier tubeless rubber.
2. If i dont go down the wheel change route what are the best road tyres for the 955i tiggers.
Black 2003 Tiger 955i
Black Mk2 Mazda MX5

Timbox2

CALLING MR CANNING!!!!

Chris will Im sure give you the low down on this soon, but pretty sure he had wheels built before he got his Dymags.
2016 Tiger Sport

Chris Canning

Blimey!! can digress  :D

2002 I have a Dutch mate e-mail a photo of a 955 Tiger with a 17" front wheel and 51/2" rim on the back to take a 180,thats all I had to go on.

The mark1 version,I had a 17" rim laced on a new front hub,and bought a rear hub from a bike breakers and had a big rim laced on the back,these were done by Central Wheel in Coleshill near B'ham,I know e'm well so it made life easier,to be honest that was the easy bit.

Looking at the German photo I noticed the letters SBF on the side and found it was a Triumph dealer that did trick bits,contacted them about the front mudguard,they modded me a shortened version and the bits to fit it.

While all this was going on went round in circles trying to find a solution for the speedo,thank heavens for the internet and a guy in Arkansa mailed me about a guy in Wollongong Austrailia who could help

http://www.yellr.com/yb_home.htm

It's been on 9 years and as good as ever.

We started to travel further afield across Europe and got in creasingly nervous about inner tubes,but mainley the rear it was that big I carried a spare,but in the end sold them to a guy in Scotland and bought a set of Dymags.

Oh if you have a post 04 then I'd suggest it's a no no.

Chris Canning

Were things have moved(might) you'd need to do your home work on Triumph speedo's,is there a more modern Triumph front mag wheel that fits straight instead of a relace,I don't know.

Oh and you'll need 8/10mm off the side stand,just take the plate off cut said length off and re-attach the plate.

Chris Canning

This years offering with Road Smarts on,god knows what these are going to be like on the Tiger,there's a big enough culture shock between Road 02/3's and RSmarts on a normal bike,Timbox had the same heart attack I had when trying them first time out.

Oh and revalved shock  :D

NKL

Continental Trail Attacks on std rims.
I\'m immortal..........well so far!!!
-----------------------------------
\'08 KTM 990 Adventure
\'91 Black XTZ 750
\'10 TM 250 EN
\'07 CCM 404
Renault Traffic 100