News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Chains n Sprockets

Started by Bobbalar, November 27, 2011, 07:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobbalar

Just purchased a 2004 Girly in black, alarm, hugger, centre stand, back box, heated grips, 13,000 on the clock but looks like it needs a new chain & sprocket set, has anyone any preferences with regard to which type. DID etc..  Bob
2004 Girly in Black.
1964 AJS Model 31 CSR in Blue.

Timbox2

Quote from: "Bobbalar"Just purchased a 2004 Girly in black, alarm, hugger, centre stand, back box, heated grips, 13,000 on the clock but looks like it needs a new chain & sprocket set, has anyone any preferences with regard to which type. DID etc..  Bob

Quite easily the original C&S at that mileage so the best you can afford, personally I have always used DID X Ring Heavy Duty, sprockets is up to you, Renthals and the like look prettier and weigh a bit less. Oh and do a search re Chain Tension, Tigers like em nice and loose, go by the manual and you'll be riding a Banjo String.
2016 Tiger Sport

Bobbalar

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "Bobbalar"Just purchased a 2004 Girly in black, alarm, hugger, centre stand, back box, heated grips, 13,000 on the clock but looks like it needs a new chain & sprocket set, has anyone any preferences with regard to which type. DID etc..  Bob

Quite easily the original C&S at that mileage so the best you can afford, personally I have always used DID X Ring Heavy Duty, sprockets is up to you, Renthals and the like look prettier and weigh a bit less. Oh and do a search re Chain Tension, Tigers like em nice and loose, go by the manual and you'll be riding a Banjo String.
QuoteThanks Timbox, I'll surf the interweb and get the HD X ring.
2004 Girly in Black.
1964 AJS Model 31 CSR in Blue.

KuzzinKenny

Hey Bobbalar !! Welcome to TT.com  :occasion14

have a looky here.........

http://www.triumph-online.co.uk/

most of us on here have used them for stuff !!  :thumbsup

and remember, its only chain and sprockets yer lookin for  :lol:  :lol:

have fun !!

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

PeteH

Quote from: "Timbox2"
Quote from: "Bobbalar"I have always used DID X Ring Heavy Duty, sprockets is up to you, Renthals and the like look prettier and weigh a bit less.

+1 on the DID, although I replaced the HD with the ordinary one as its recommended for the 885.

Sprockets depend on how much you want to spend... then you have decide on the gearing.

Oh...an welcome to the club :D
Tiger 1200 XRt in red, the best colour

blacktiger

Stick with the std. DID X-ring and fit a 19T front sprocket instead of the std. 18.
With a Scottoiler and a new front sprocket at 15K the chain'll go over 30K. I just fitted my bike's third chain at 65500 miles.
2013 800XC 33000 miles & counting.