News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Idiot lights???

Started by NZDeano, November 26, 2011, 11:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NZDeano

Using the search function I can see that others have been down this path, but I couldnt find exactly what I am looking for.
Does anyone know where I can purchase some led replacement bulbs for my girlies dash that would be reasonably easy to get from NZ?
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

zadok_oz

Have you asked Thunderbike in Nelson if they know?
Marty F
\'03 Tiger 955i

NZDeano

Quote from: "zadok_oz"Have you asked Thunderbike in Nelson if they know?

No I haven't but checking through their online stuff it would appear not. I got some for my scrambler from Norman Hyde in UK (what a difference they make) Actually thinking about it they are probably the same size. Might try that then.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

KuzzinKenny

Hey NZDeano !! no idea who they are but it'll give you a start....

http://ledbulbs.co.nz/advanced_search_r ... 9&x=8&y=10

change colour for colour but DON'T change the blue one   :roll:

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

BigDan

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Hey NZDeano !! no idea who they are but it'll give you a start....

KK

Think I might do the same, why not change the blue one?
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

KuzzinKenny

Quote from: "BigDan"
Quote from: "KuzzinKenny"Hey NZDeano !! no idea who they are but it'll give you a start....

KK

Think I might do the same, why not change the blue one?

Hey BigDan !! its the headlight main beam reminder and the standard bulb is ok there, altho i was replacin mine with brighter LED's so a standard LED would be ok in there   :?

KK
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

NZDeano

KK

You little bloody ripper Kuzzin Kenny. Yep I did get the 'dont need a bright blue light in my face at night' thing. Thanxs mate.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

BigDan

Ahh, very good point KK! Cheers mate
2007 Triumph Sprint ST 1050  - Add me on Facebook

matts23

I thought I read something on here about not changing the low fuel light also.  Someone did it and the low fuel circuit requires the resistance of the incandescent lamp to work properly, on girlies anyways.  Just a thought.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

NZDeano

Quote from: "matts23"I thought I read something on here about not changing the low fuel light also.  Someone did it and the low fuel circuit requires the resistance of the incandescent lamp to work properly, on girlies anyways.  Just a thought.

Thanks. Definetly needs checking out. Really its the indicators I would like to change the most and maybe neutral.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "matts23"I thought I read something on here about not changing the low fuel light also.  Someone did it and the low fuel circuit requires the resistance of the incandescent lamp to work properly, on girlies anyways.  Just a thought.

Don't know without getting the circuit diagrams out if its true or not, but you couldn't make it up could you :lol: Triumph, God bless 'em...
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

matts23

I just did a search, and it is possible that the low fuel led being on too soon was on a steamer thread.  Not sure about girlies now.
----------------------------------------------------------

2002 Tiger (Roulette Green)
1996 Honda XR400R Supermoto St. Legal

oxnsox

They are not really in business in anymore. (Think they still do Tours but have shut their store front down about a year back)
¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
  If it ain't Farkled...  don't fix it....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NZDeano

Quote from: "oxnsox"
They are not really in business in anymore. (Think they still do Tours but have shut their store front down about a year back)

Heres what I understand and know about Thunderbike in Nelson NZ. They were Triumph and KTM dealers for years, with full workshop facilitiies. During their time as Triumph and 'Godbless' them they developed a number of pretty awesome Triumph aftermarket parts. The best known probably being the "Thunderbike Cam' for the 865cc twins and the 'Thunderbike exhaust' for bonnevilles, scramblers etc.. For the Tigers they developed the good strong crash bars (made from railway irons)
They had disputes with Triumph NZ and the dealership was changed to a place called 'FILCO FARM & SPORT' also still in Nelson NZ.

I understand that Thunderbike still sell aftermarket stuff on the internet only, as I was looking up for a set of crash bars for my Girly, and they were still listed. They still do tours. Not sure if the store front is completely closed because this would mean no KTM, but you could be right. Shame really.
Tiger 955 (in black)
Triumph Scrambler
Moto Guzzi EV
BSA M20
Yamaha XT 400