News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

Girly exhaust on a Steamer?

Started by theclowncrusty, November 22, 2011, 07:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Calne

P.S. Motad don't know if it'll fit either - so it's a gamble.
Is it really an adventure bike if its wheels never see dirt?

rf9rider

It will fit, same engine block as the Steamer, and although as i mentioned to you the link pipe scenario.
Don`t know if the sump guard will fit with those headers on, i forgot to try mine when i had the 3-1 headers fitted to mine.
Thats a good price too, if i hadn`t got the Venoms with the latest Steamer i would have been pressing that "Buy it now" button  :lol:

harre

I think it is the same exhaust system that Patrick Rielo used in his Tiger Trail project.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.p ... il+project.

Rocinante

The Norman Hyde exhaust for 1998 Sprint fits the Steamer, and looks very similar to the Motad (the same maybe?). It bolts right on and interferes with nothing. Here´s a link:
https://normanhyde.co.uk/hinckley-triumph/trident-750-900-sprint-trophy-900-stainless-race-3into1-system.html

I have this, and have brutally bent it upwards behind the rider foot peg. I have removed the passenger pegs, but my guess is it will not be in the way.

Ideally you should get a bend made to get silencer further back, especially if riding with passengers. This is on my to do list.

Here´s an image(bike rebuilt with KTM tail, so I would definitely consider the added bend to put it in place where the original silencer sits).:
www.dagjen.no
Once upon a time through North and South America:
www.rocinantestravels.com

Nick Calne

Thanks Guys.

Dag the Norman Hyde one is probably the safest bet, but I have been tempted with the possibility of getting the motad ones for nearly 180 quid less... (same old nickcalne story, tight with money to the very last!)

A bid has been placed....If I don't win I'll give up and buy the NH ones.

Sin_Tiger

Cut down spruce trees, pulp to make paper, write publications, get funding printed on paper, cut down spruce trees, pulp to make paper, write publications .....

Sounds perfect to me, am I missing something  :icon_scratch
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

harre

QuoteCut down spruce trees, pulp to make paper, write publications, get funding printed on paper, cut down spruce trees, pulp to make paper, write publications .....
You only forgot this tiny bit: pulp to make paper, generate new data from expensive experiments, write publications...
I agree that we have enough trees in Sweden already. I'm actually a moss guy, that is an interesting species! Unfortunately there is little economic potential in mosses...

Bixxer Bob

Quote from: "harre"
Quote.....Unfortunately there is little economic potential in mosses...

Don't they have medicinal properties like seaweeds?  Or did I just make that up..... :roll:
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

Sin_Tiger

Knew I had missed something  :roll:

You must be a rolling stone then :wink:  8)
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

rf9rider

Quote from: "nickcalne"Thanks Guys.

Dag the Norman Hyde one is probably the safest bet, but I have been tempted with the possibility of getting the motad ones for nearly 180 quid less... (same old nickcalne story, tight with money to the very last!)

A bid has been placed....If I don't win I'll give up and buy the NH ones.

You won them then?

Nick Calne

Yup. Fingers crossed they fit....

I'll post up some pics when they arrive....