News:

Welcome to the TigerTriple forum! Over the years we have gathered lots of great information on all things Triumph Tiger. Besides that, this is a great community that is willing to help you keep your Tiger moving. So, feel welcome! Also, try the search button for answers to your questions. If you have any questions, PM me on ghulst.

Main Menu

So I came home from lunch yesterday ...

Started by topher0268, December 01, 2011, 03:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topher0268

And found a whole #$%@%% tree laying where my cycle shed used to sit. Here's the crazy part ... it hit NOTHING!!!

Normally I would have had my cb550, cb450, and Tiger all sitting in there along with my lawn mower. It started sleeting on Tuesday and I was absolutely KICKING myself for not getting my toys put away yet. The Tiger was parked in the driveway with a cover just like my mower. Am I one lucky SOB or what ...

The Tiger would have been sitting RIGHT where the tree came in. You can see it missed that 550 by about 3 feet and it stopped just inches above that power washer. I mean NOTHING else was in it's way.

2000 Tiger "Girly in Blue"
1976 Honda CB550 F (getting cafe treatement)

Mustang

sometimes ya "win" one .

procrastination paid off this time  :D

KuzzinKenny

:shock: i've got one O these metal sheds but not as big as that and i always thought it was a bit flimsy  :lol: i got a mate to weld a steel 2" angle iron frame inside it  :lol: sorted  :thumbsup

its also got 2" thick insulation panels in it to keep me bike warm  :roll:  :oops:

glad the log missed everythin  :D

KK

ps how's yer panelbeatin skills  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser
In Scotland, there`s no such thing as bad weather - only the wrong clothes !! Billy Connolly

topher0268

Quote from: "KuzzinKenny":shock: i've got one O these metal sheds but not as big as that and i always thought it was a bit flimsy  :lol: i got a mate to weld a steel 2" angle iron frame inside it  :lol: sorted  :thumbsup

its also got 2" thick insulation panels in it to keep me bike warm  :roll:  :oops:

glad the log missed everythin  :D

KK

ps how's yer panelbeatin skills  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

:ImaPoser  :ImaPoser  :ImaPoser

They're decent ... but um .. my ability to drive this heap to the recycling place is much better ....

Sin_Tiger

I would really enjoy putting that on the fire, looking forward to seeing the CB getting the cafe treatment.
I used to have long hair, took acid and went to hip joints. Now I long for hair, take antacid and need a new hip joint

John Stenhouse

Black 885i Tiger UK based
Orange 955i Tiger Canadian based
Norton 961S never got it, tired of waiting

HockleyBoy

Nice one, sometimes luck is on your side.
05 Tiger Lucifer Orange (resting) 07 GSX-R1000TT K7 71 Triumph T25T 17 Tiger 1050 Sport

Chris Canning

With that amount of luck used up,you'll not be winning the lottery this week  :D

Bixxer Bob

that trunk would keep my woodburner in logs a while  :)
I don't want to achieve immortality through prayer, I want to achieve it through not dying...

ArcticTiger

That tree/log does not look very healty, with lots of fungi on it.
You should cut down those old rotten  trees before they come down on you by themselves :roll:
-09 Triumph Tiger 1050 blazing orange
-98 Triumph Tiger 900 british racing green
-06 Ducati Multistrada 1000 S DS red
-99 Moto Guzzi EV 11 Cali. (Wi, USA)
-00 Yamaha TT600R
You are allowed to have only one wife, but you can ride as many bikes as you want...

topher0268

Quote from: "ArcticTiger"That tree/log does not look very healty, with lots of fungi on it.
You should cut down those old rotten  trees before they come down on you by themselves :roll:

Agree but unfortunately it wasn't my tree. It was on the OTHER side of the holler on the neighbors property. I have two large ravines on either side of my house and am surrounded by woods.

He's just sick about it but no harm no foul. We'll rebuild the shed together in the spring ....